Author Topic: the children, werewolf and other random thoughts  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: the children, werewolf and other random thoughts
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2002, 05:57:23 AM »
Yendor, you can "modify" your own posts at any time, also "preview" before submitting, or I can fix those for you if you'd like.  But we all make typos, so it's no big.  And I think Bent Stokes is cute. :)

Hope you feel better soon!

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: the children, werewolf and other random thoughts
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2002, 06:29:22 AM »

The best actor on DS, IMHO, was Thayer David. His Ben Stokes was wonderfully done and a distinct difference from Eliot Stokes.

I strongly agree.  Thayer is my favorite actor from the show and certainly possessed immense talent.  He was so natural in every role and really fleshed his characters into believable people.  The professor is my favorite character, but I think that Ben was Thayer's best character.  The shabby servant was such a departure from his more cultured, intellectual characters such as T. Eliot and Count Petofi, but very real all the same.  

For under-rated actors/actresses, certainly Joel Haskell was never truly appreciated by fans, critics, or viewers. He was startling as Nathan Forbes and always projected strength with just the right touch of weakness.

I never cared too much for Joe, who always struck me as a very wooden and generic character, but I was blown away by Nathan Forbes.  To go from playing the standard nice guy to such a depraved slime and to do it so convincingly was a real sign of Crothers' potential.

Another actor who impressed me during my initial viewing was Jerry Lacy.  His Trask role was so different from Tony Peterson that for a long time after Vicki's return to the present, I didn't even realize that the same actor played both parts.

ProfStokes