Author Topic: Oh, Donnie Boy...  (Read 2436 times)

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
Oh, Donnie Boy...
« on: October 02, 2002, 08:52:48 PM »
What's the deal on Donnie Briscoe's hair? It looks like someone cut it with a weed whacker...

And everytime he's about to change into the werewolf, instead it always seems like he has some kind of gastrointestinal problem...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, Donnie Boy...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 09:14:07 PM »
My guess on the do is that he has very fine hair and it was hard for him to keep it in place.  Not as many good hair care products in '68 as there are now as I recall.

As to his change over contortions I agree, he does look pretty distressed at these times.  But I still think his weirdest bit is when he does his spastic vampire thing.  In one sense you have to give him credit for trying to throw a little variety into the vampire theme.  On the other hand it just looks soooooo nerdy...kind of like a cat with peanut butter stuck to the roof of  its mouth.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 09:44:03 PM »
My guess on the do is that he has very fine hair and it was hard for him to keep it in place.

Yeah, I'll go with him having fine hair, but it just looks bad right now, like he pissed off his barber.
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 03:01:21 AM »
What's the deal on Donnie Briscoe's hair? It looks like someone cut it with a weed whacker...

And everytime he's about to change into the werewolf, instead it always seems like he has some kind of gastrointestinal problem...

lol   yes, i have seen those very movements by yours truly as i am exiting my pick up and hauling for the bathroom as quickly as i can...
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 03:18:36 AM »

lol   yes, i have seen those very movements by yours truly as i am exiting my pick up and hauling for the bathroom as quickly as i can...

lol..I can vouch for that... I've seen your moves......just last week!   hehe

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 08:23:24 AM »

hey it was the 60s man.. have you seen hair from other shows in that time period!:o
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2002, 08:32:45 AM »
hey it was the 60s man.. have you seen hair from other shows in that time period!

Yes, I have...and not everyone's hair looked as oily, badly cut and just generally as crappy as Donnie Briscoe's looked today. It didn't look this way when he first joined the show.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2002, 10:49:59 AM »

Yes, I have...and not everyone's hair looked as oily, badly cut and just generally as crappy as Donnie Briscoe's looked today. It didn't look this way when he first joined the show.

Maybe he was just having a "bad hair day." [eek]

Perhaps Jeff Clark can lend him some good tips! :D
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2002, 03:59:46 PM »

Well LOL! maybe he is a better actor than you think He is suppose to be having a wee bit of a problem and hair might not be the first thing on his mind!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2002, 04:17:40 PM »
Maybe Donnie was having an attack of the dreaded STATIC ELECTRICITY.  One winter I swear I had some kind of curse on my hair for weeks.  Suddenly and for no apparent reason (and no matter how much I washed it or tried various products) I could NOT get static out of my hair.  It was maddening!  The only thing that finally worked was this stuff called Aussie Gloss (which I don't think they even make any more).
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2002, 04:54:48 PM »
hair might not be the first thing on his mind!

But it should be the first thing on the minds of the hair and make-up people. They butchered poor Donnie Briscoe! Maybe since he is an image carved from wood, they used one of those funky table saws and completely screwed up!

Connie

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2002, 05:06:07 PM »
Maybe since he is an image carved from wood, they used one of those funky table saws and completely screwed up!

Yeah, well last week on that show where he first took his shirt off, I must confess I rewound the tape a couple of times.  I found viewing the image carved from wood shirtless, to be a rather pleasant experience.

-CLC ;)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2002, 05:23:06 PM »
When I look at Don's hair, I just want to run my fingers through it, and that thought invariably leads to others, not really suitable for family viewing.

What a beautiful man.  I taped Dawson's Crack last night to watch Sebastian Spence. (Sadly he only appeared for about 2 minutes.)  5 seconds of shirtless Briscoe is more exciting to this old fogey than hours of heavily primped teens lounging about on their cell phones with their $200 Hollywood Boulevard hair cuts.

Hey Raineypark, is there enough room up here on this soap box?  I don't wanna be crowdin' you, girl.

Gothy

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2002, 05:51:51 PM »
When I look at Don's hair, I just want to run my fingers through it.

Be sure to wear rubber gloves!

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2002, 06:23:40 PM »
    Rubber gloves?  Well, thats a kinky thought.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer