Author Topic: 4 WEEKS?! and other assorted thoughts  (Read 1535 times)

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
4 WEEKS?! and other assorted thoughts
« on: October 02, 2002, 06:10:23 PM »
So, Lizzie's been gone for 4 weeks  ::)  Wow.....this is something.  No food, no water....if she wasn't dead to start with, I think she'd be there by now!!  

Kinda like the telepathy thing she had going with Carolyn though ("you're in danger, Carolyn")  - yep - that would be about right.

Too bad about the full moon.  Looked like Carolyn was looking to settle in for a long night with Chris judging from that pitcher of martini's  ;)  

c'ya!

Franimal

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: 4 WEEKS?! and other assorted thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 07:58:02 PM »
Dear Franimal,

Wasn't it amazing, when, before the comatose Elizabeth Stoddard managed to move her hand and actually press the buzzer button down, the darned bells in the mausoleum belfry started to ring?  Maybe Mrs. Stoddard has telekinetic powers that no one knows about!

Bob the Bartender, remembering the eloquent Jack Palance's pithy observation: "Believe it or not."

Offline mfmdpt

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 08:32:48 PM »
So, Lizzie's been gone for 4 weeks  ::)  Wow.....this is something.  No food, no water....if she wasn't dead to start with, I think she'd be there by now!!

The point of the spell was for Liz to suffer by appearing to be dead but to remain alive. Little realities like food or water wouldn't enter into it because the spell probably took care of that. ;)

Just imagine what it might have been like had Liz spent eternity like that! ::shudder::
"I give in to sin because you have to make this life livable." - Depeche Mode (Strangelove)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 08:58:29 PM »

Little realities like food or water wouldn't enter into it because the spell probably took care of that. ;)

And to combine topics a bit - it also took care of the lack of bathroom facilities or the necessity for them. HA!

Just imagine what it might have been like had Liz spent eternity like that! ::shudder::

Eeeek! Sounds too much like my current job!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 09:18:54 PM »
Wasn't it amazing, when, before the comatose Elizabeth Stoddard managed to move her hand and actually press the buzzer button down, the darned bells in the mausoleum belfry started to ring?  Maybe Mrs. Stoddard has telekinetic powers that no one knows about!

Ah yes....I kept humming the tune to "the bells are ringing for me and my gal" until my husband was about to choke me!

I was thinking about you Bob when I saw carolyn stirring the martinis and twisting that lemon into the drinks.  Nice wrist action, no?  

Franimal

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2002, 11:25:27 PM »
[scrm][scrm]I wondered idly about Julia's skill as a doctor.  She pronounced Liz dead twice!  Also if Barnabus had opened the coffin for a full view (not just opening the top part) he might have seen Liz's finger on the bell!  What would the good doc say about that????
Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2002, 04:52:28 AM »
I was watching with my children when I got home from work today and we all thought the same thing, Thank goodness Julia is not our doctor.

The bell story line reminded me of the Mary Higgins Clark book I believe the name is Moon Light Becomes You.  It take place in Newport and part of it takes place in a grave yard with the old fashion bell attached to ring in case anyone was accidently buried alive.  It was very interesting having been to many of the places mentioned in the book.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2002, 05:48:08 AM »
...when...Carolyn [was] stirring the martinis and twisting that lemon into the drinks.  Nice wrist action, no?

Everything about Carolyn is mighty nice...except the fact that she's currently parting her hair down the middle. I hate that!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2002, 08:10:35 AM »

Everything about Carolyn is mighty nice...except the fact that she's currently parting her hair down the middle. I hate that!

big trend that has come back scout So Marcia Brady!
jennifer
martinis and Chris mmm...
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2002, 08:35:45 AM »
big trend that has come back scout

I am a hater of big trends--then & now.
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2002, 03:39:08 PM »
    I wish we could see a freeze frame of Julia with her head in Elizabeth's coffin.  It looked kinda silly.  I wanted her to shout "Help me, Barnabas!  I caught my hair on her ring."  
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2002, 09:59:11 AM »
Kinda like the telepathy thing she had going with Carolyn though ("you're in danger, Carolyn")  - yep - that would be about right.

I was just so glad to see this whole death scene thing FINALLY come to an end!  I thought it was something how Liz's love and concern for her daughter's safety is what eventually saved her from this whole ordeal.

I wonder now just what they're going to do with this newly built fancy Masoleum now that it's no longer needed?
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2002, 02:29:24 PM »
martinis and Chris mmm...

I could easily spend the evening with Chris (that is an  evening with no full-moon!)  But my drink of choice would be a Manhattan, straight-up with a dash of bitters...although I wouldn't turn my nose up at a martini. A martini was my first official drink when I was of legal age while flying on an airplane on a trip to Italy.  Ah, the memories.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf