Author Topic: Dreaming of DARK SHADOWS  (Read 1558 times)

ClaudeNorth

Dreaming of DARK SHADOWS
« on: October 02, 2002, 08:11:09 AM »
Hey Gang,

I was wondering if any of you ever had interesting/bizarre/humorous dreams involving DS.

I've had several over the years, but two of them stand out.  One was a complicated dream in which Jonathan Frid appeared on DAVID LETTERMAN to promote his new a capella singing group, The FridTones.  The other involved a scene between Nicholas Blair and Julia in which Julia became enraged at Nicholas, screamed "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" at him, and proceeded to swat him with her purse, Ruth-Buzzi-as-Gladys-Ormphby-style.

Anyone else care to share?

Regards,

John

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
Re: Dreaming of DARK SHADOWS
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 08:22:36 AM »
A while back, I shared my mildly erotic dream about Julia, but all I got for a response was "Ewww!"
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 05:18:41 PM »
Wow, Scout, I'm sorry I missed reading your erotic dream about Julia.  Have you ever seen Satan in High Heels?  Grayson Hall proved in that just how erotic she could be.  Those cat-like smiles of hers were pretty incredible.

Then, there's her cameo in End of the Road, where in the role of sex-starved "spinster" Peggie she makes out like a bandit with Stacey Keach, clawing at him and frantically licking his chest!  There's a magazine interview at the time where she comments something along the lines of "I defy anyone to say I'm a dyke after they see End of the Road!" (she wasn't quite that blunt about it, but I don't have time right now to go look up the actual quote).

The most vivid dreams I had about DS were back when I was a kid and I dreamt a couple of times about living at Collinwood.  In more recent years, whenever I've spent time working intensively on my Grayson Hall project, I've had dreams where I visit Grayson or she visits me and we discuss her career and her interests.

The Frid-tones--LOVE it!  You know he went to Yale ... that sounds just like one of those endless Yale glee clubs (the Whiffenpoofs are just the tip of the iceberg, darling).

Best,  Steve

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 02:01:03 AM »
I had a nice PG rated romantic dream with Willie one morning. I was very sorry to wake up....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 04:02:31 AM »
Once I dreamed that I was in the secret room in the West Wing--------alas, no Quentin----no music-------no skeleton---nothing!   Also dreamed I was on the cliff overlooking the crashing waves---but again I was alone!!  

Where was everyone???  Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 05:32:25 AM »
Wow, Scout, I'm sorry I missed reading your erotic dream about Julia.  Have you ever seen Satan in High Heels?  Grayson Hall proved in that just how erotic she could be.  Those cat-like smiles of hers were pretty incredible.

No, I've never seen Satan In High Heels, but it sounds like a hoot! The only thing I've seen Grayson Hall in--besides the obvious--is Night of the Iguana, which I got to see on the big screen a few years ago.

I don't know what it is, but there's just something about that woman that trips my trigger!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2002, 07:45:02 AM »
and i've already coped to my one dream. . .who wears a too short skirt?  Not Pete Townsend!
Julia99

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2002, 08:33:46 AM »
I have to say that I have never dreamed of DS, but last week I had a really vivid dream concerning Cheryl and Craig Slocum.

In the dream, I was standing on an autograph line at a Festival with Cheryl and saw Mrs. Johnson and her son Harry behind the table. I began talking to Mrs.Johnson and telling her how much I enjoy her on the show. Suddenly Harry (Craig Slocum) came around to where we were standing and started smiling at Cheryl. He just kept staring at her and smiling.  She finally turned to look at him and then the three of us began talking.  Cheryl then mentioned that she had to leave in a hurry because she had to catch a flight back home to Nevada.  Since I knew how much Cheryl cares for Craig, I had asked her to come and stay at my place for the night and then asked Craig to come along also.  When we got to my house, I showed Cheryl where she could stay and Craig followed her upstairs. At first, the three of us were just sitting there talking but when Cheryl and Craig started kissing each other so passionatly, I knew it time for me to say goodnight!  In the morning, I went to check on them and saw them lying in bed and talking to each other so happily!

I then remember thinking to myself and wondering how much time Craig has before he has to get back because in the dream I knew that he had passed away and somehow was only given a short time for his visit here. I kept wondering how Cheryl was going to take it because she looked so happy!  

I dream alot about friends & relatives who have passed on and usually they give me some sort of message to relate to others. My father is the same way.  So I can only sumise when I told Cheryl about my dream, that perhaps Craig was trying to let her know how happy he is for all that she does to keep his memory alive.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2002, 07:13:34 PM »
At first, the three of us were just sitting there talking but when Cheryl and Craig started kissing each other so passionatly, I knew it time for me to say goodnight!  In the morning, I went to check on them and saw them lying in bed and talking to each other so happily!

Now, this is exciting! Sounds like we had fun. Craig Slocum and I really made ourselves at home. Thanks for inviting us! In the part of the dream about Craig being behind the autograph table with Clarice Blackburn, that would've been nice if that could've really happened at a Dark Shadows Festival. That's interesting Cassandra, that you dream a lot about friends and relatives who have passed on, and they give you messages to relate to others. Some people are more receptive to things like that than others. I rarely ever remember my dreams, probably because I am so focused on getting up at 5:30 a.m., to get ready to take my daughter to school, but I know I have dreamed about Craig Slocum. That was a great dream, Cassandra! Craig lives on in memory, and yes, I'm sure he knows about it in his spirit form!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2002, 03:55:25 AM »
There's a magazine interview at the time where she comments something along the lines of "I defy anyone to say I'm a dyke after they see End of the Road!" (she wasn't quite that blunt about it, but I don't have time right now to go look up the actual quote).

You sure she wasn't that blunt?? Didn't she use the "D" word in Life Magazine .. something like .. 'everyone still thinks i'm a big dyke chasing Sue Lyon on the beach. . '  I think she was talking about why she hated L.A.  Your comments Steve made me have 2 thoughts:
1) your tantilizingly teasing tidbits from the Grayson bio are fun and cruel ;) you know how eager we are and

2) it's interesting that some actors have to do something as dramatic as the Peggy role in End of the Road to try and get directors to see them differently. . .it reminds me of Elisabeth Shue trying to unload her "Babysitting" persona and Russell Crowe his tough guy image with "the Insider". . . Do you think that's why G did the role in Road?
[hdscrt]
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OT - Disabling smilies
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2002, 08:27:11 AM »
J99,

Enabling Check this if you'll be adding code (or don't like smileys) will stop smilies from displaying.  I unchecked the box in your last message so that the emoticons will show up instead of the codes.