Author Topic: What Do You Think Is Going On With Nicholas Blair?  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
What Do You Think Is Going On With Nicholas Blair?
« on: September 30, 2002, 04:37:41 PM »
Hey gang,

It's been a few weeks since we've seen Collinsport's greatest strutting popinjay, "kvelling" for the benefit of Maggie Evans.  I wonder what punishments Diabolos has in store for Nicky B. (who, screwed up Big Time with the Adam and Eve experiment/fiasco)?

Maybe Diabolos has placed Nicholas in one of those cauldrons of boiling oil that were described in Dante's Inferno?  However, in this case, Diabolos has Nicholas standing upside down in that cauldron of boiling oil.  Of course, to twist the knife a bit more, so to speak,  Diabolos has Angelique stirring Nicholas' cauldron with a canoe-sized paddle to insure maximum heat production.

Then again, perhaps Diabolos has Nicholas' arms and legs (not to mention other body appendages, which we won't go into) stretched out on the always dependable 12th century rack.  For additional torture, Diabolos has installed one of those magical mirrors (just like the one Nicky had in the House by the Sea) for Nicholas' viewing "enjoyment."

Diabolos could possibly zoom into, say, a view of Maggie Evans on a recent date.  How about a shot of  Maggie and Barnabas walking hand-in-hand on a romantic stroll on the path leading to Widow's Hill?  

I'm sure Nicholas would get a big thrill out of seeing Maggie and Willie Loomis enjoying a quiet, intimate dinner at Bob Rooney's Blue Whale Tavern: "Hey, Willie.  Would you and Maggie like to 'supersize' those two bowls of clam chowder?"

But perhaps the most "heartening" scene for Nicholas to observe, would be to see Maggie in the back seat of Roger Collins' snazzy, striped 1966 Mustang.  Not with Roger Collins, mind you.  No, Maggie "canoodling" in the back seat of Roger's car with none other than Harry Johnson!

Of course, as Nicholas is witnessing this "happy" scene, stretched out on that rack, the sound of the late, great Harry Chapin is heard in the background, intoning his classic hit, "Taxi":  

"We learned about love in the back of a Dodge.  The lesson hadn't gone too far." ( Although, in this case, the lesson in the back of Roger's Mustang had gone to its full "completion.")

I think that Nicholas would have expressed Dr. Smith's frequent lament from "Lost In Space": "Oh, the pain!"

Can you think of any other diversions/games that Diabolos might have in store for Nicholas during his time of "penance"?

Bob the Bartender, who, like Jenny and Oliver in "Love Story," reminds you that: "Love means never having to say that you're sorry."

Connie

Re: What Do You Think Is Going On With Nicholas Blair?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2002, 04:57:10 PM »
Bob,
Did you have something for breakfast that didn't agree with you?
You are totally nuts.
Julia's hours are: Mon-Thurs.  10am to 3pm

-CLC  ;)

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 05:54:55 PM »
Hey Bob care to share your breakfast ??
I could use it!!        Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 06:55:04 PM »
perhaps the most "heartening" scene for Nicholas to observe, would be to see Maggie in the back seat of Roger Collins' snazzy, striped 1966 Mustang.  Not with Roger Collins, mind you.  No, Maggie "canoodling" in the back seat of Roger's car with none other than Harry Johnson!

Was that Craig Slocum or Edward Marshall? We know the latter was a friend of KLS. She got him the part for that one day.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2002, 07:37:51 PM »
But perhaps the most "heartening" scene for Nicholas to observe, would be to see Maggie in the back seat of Roger Collins' snazzy, striped 1966 Mustang.  Not with Roger Collins, mind you.  No, Maggie "canoodling" in the back seat of Roger's car with none other than Harry Johnson!

Of course, as Nicholas is witnessing this "happy" scene, stretched out on that rack, the sound of the late, great Harry Chapin is heard in the background, intoning his classic hit, "Taxi":  

"We learned about love in the back of a Dodge.  The lesson hadn't gone too far." ( Although, in this case, the lesson in the back of Roger's Mustang had gone to its full "completion.")

Do you call this SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF ?
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2002, 09:00:13 PM »
Connie,

No.  I had my usual breakfast of a can of Progresso pasta fagiole soup and a six pack of Peronni beer.  What's so extraordinary about that?  Try it, you'll like it!  By the way, thanks for your heartfelt concern!

Annie,  

Another great way to start the day is to have Special K cereal with a few Tsing Tao brewskies.  Yummy!  (It's a breakfast where West meets East.)

Craig Slocum,

I think that in this scenario, it can only be the original Harry Johnson, Mr. Craig Slocum.

VAM,

A better example of the suspension of disbelief might be the romantic pairing of the young and beautiful Maggie Evans with the venerable Ezra Braithewaite.  (A true May/December relationship!)

Bob the Bartender, who, like the late, great Jim Morrison, says: "Show me the way to th next whiskey bar!"

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2002, 09:45:17 PM »
I think that in this scenario, it can only be the original Harry Johnson, Mr. Craig Slocum.

Bob the Bartender, who, like the late, great Jim Morrison, says: "Show me the way to th next whiskey bar!"

Craig Slocum was the best looking, best actor, best dressed, best hair, I knew it had to be him!

Bob, "The Alabama Whisky Song" by The Doors, was one of my favorite songs in my teenage wasteland years. At least I lived to tell about it.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2002, 01:21:05 AM »
Bob,
Did you have something for breakfast that didn't agree with you?
You are totally nuts.
Julia's hours are: Mon-Thurs.  10am to 3pm

-CLC  ;)

I guess it takes one to know one ;)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2002, 02:01:42 AM »
Nicholas ended up working for the IRS.  Even Diabolos is now frightened of him.

Gerard

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2002, 03:07:34 AM »
Maybe he's out trying to find another suit to replace his gray one ;)

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2002, 03:44:08 AM »

He got strangled by that floating hand that he turned loose on Harry Johnson. That'll teach him!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2002, 04:42:24 AM »
Dear VictoriaWintersRox,

You know, I think that Nicholas actually had two gray suits.  (One suit was a three-piece-suit and the other was a double-breasted job.  However, I can't remember which suit Nicky B. had on when he "flamed-out" on the top of Widow's Hill.)

No doubt, Carolyn sent Mrs. Johnson and Harry over to clean up the House by the Sea after Nicholas "vacated" the premises.  Perhaps Harry "Mr. Itchy Fingers" Johnson appropriated the suit and had it altered over at the men's department of Brewster's Department Store to fit him.

Then again, maybe ol' Willie Loomis snuck into the house and grabbed the suit for himself.  (I can't imagine the portly, but affable Bob Rooney fitting into Nicholas' one remaining suit.)  And, let's not even consider that corpulent intellectual, Prof. T. Elliott Stokes, as a possible recipient of that stylish gray suit.  Can you think of anyone else who might enjoy wearing Nicholas' hand-me-down suit?

Bob the Bartender, a 44-Regular, who's still trying to squeeze into his First holy Communion Suit.  

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2002, 04:50:50 AM »
Can you think of anyone else who might enjoy wearing Nicholas' hand-me-down suit?

Caretaker of Eagle Hill Cemetery

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2002, 05:01:32 AM »
Most certainly!  That suit will go perfectly with those nifty pince-nez glasses.

Offline jthomas_123

• Junior Poster
  • I love Maggie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2002, 05:40:44 AM »
He's probably burning for all eternity. ;)