Author Topic: More, More More  (Read 655 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
More, More More
« on: July 08, 2017, 03:10:02 PM »
Who was in more episodes:

Stokes (in any incarnations)

Willie (in any incarnations) ??

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: More, More More
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 06:48:45 PM »
I guess it would be easy to find out (that wonderful google), but I'm betting Thayer David had more episodes.  When I attended my one and only DS Fest in NYC in 2003, John Karlen stated during a cast Q&A that he was never under contract, unlike most performers.  He stated (paraphrasing):  "Dan and I agreed on things with a handshake and five dollars."  He was free to come and go as he pleased and often did so, having whatever his character was written out and he would spend months away from the show to pursue other things.  He stated that it wasn't until the last couple years of the series where he stayed on because he enjoyed it along with a constant paycheck.  Thayer David also came and went, depending on plot and character, just as most other actors/actresses.  Jonathin Frid was given more than a month vacation during the 1897 story (the only stipulation being that he didn't get a suntan); Joan Bennett received quite a few breaks, her character going into a coma or locked up in a hoo-hoo hotel.  TLATKLS got her long vacation also during 1897 when she was blown away and eventually came back as Kitty.  Louis Edmonds got his breaks, too.  The list can go on and on.

Gerard

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 07:58:50 PM »
via the trusty Almanac David appeared in 225 episodes and Karlen in 180. not sure about the individual character breakdown.

it's worth noting David had a fair episode count as Matthew Morgan before Karlen joined the series in 1967. thus during the time the two actors overlapped it would seem they appeared in roughly the same number of episodes.

suffice to say Jonathan and Grayson hit the highest totals in the 5-600 episode range. the rest of the "main" cast (Joan. Nancy. Alexandra. Louis. Kathryn. David) are all in the 3-400 counts.

given Angelique's importance in the story Parker appears in a surprisingly low 269. but that's accounted for via the character's habit of "disappearing" for extended periods of time only to "pop up" later in some different guise. she was never an ordinary day-to-day character.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 02:28:50 AM »
I'm surprised that Nancy Barret is so "low."  Other than Fake Carolyn, I can't remember when she wasn't always on the show.

Gerard

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 03:32:14 AM »
There is one fairly large gap in Nancy's appearances. Carolyn doesn't appear in the last week or so of episodes prior to the 1897 flashback and Charity Trask doesn't make her first appearance until at least a month after 1897 starts. I don't know where Nancy was at the time. Maybe she was doing a play somewhere or she was in the process of divorcing David Ford.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 03:49:35 AM »
Nancy Barrett wasn't featured prominently in either 1795 or 1897; yet, she, like TLATKLS played (2) same/different characters in 1897.

I figured that Lara P wasn't a 'main character'.

For me, it's always going to be

Liz
Roger
Carolyn
David

which is sort of dumb, because the whole premise (originally) was about Victoria Winters.

Then Barn
Julia
KLS
Willie
Stokes
Quentin
Ang
Sam
Burke
Bruno
C. Pennock

then the others who came later....not worth remembering (and I know some will be mad).

Patti
What a Woman!