Author Topic: Thayer David--The Eiger Sanction (1975)  (Read 637 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Thayer David--The Eiger Sanction (1975)
« on: May 16, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »
There are some cool clips of Thayer David's scenes as the insidious spymaster Dragon in the 1975 Clint Eastwood thriller, The Eiger Sanction, included in this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEc1aEYmiA8

Cool to see! Thayer really left us way too early...

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Thayer David--The Eiger Sanction (1975)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 10:39:15 PM »
When I saw The Eiger Sanction back in the day, I thought that was a wild character for Thayer David - especially the pink eyes. But the man was definitely nothing if not versatile, and he pulled it off perfectly.  [thumbleft]

Of course, that was also back in the day when it seemed like between his films and TV guest spots, he was on view every other week - not that I was complaining.  [ghost_wink]  His passing at such a young age was certainly a loss to us as well as the film/TV industry itself.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: Thayer David--The Eiger Sanction (1975)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 09:00:42 PM »
Many years ago, one of my friends introduced me to Warren Murphy, author of "The Eiger Sanction."  We all grew up in the same town in the Garden State, and spent one day enjoying some especially fine St. Pauli Girl brews at Warren's apartment, as I recall today. [ghost_grin]

I mentioned to Warren, that the apparent CIA honcho in the film was portrayed by the great Thayer David, Prof. T. Elliott Stokes of "Dark Shadows" fame.  Warren said that he was aware of Mr. David's appearances on "Dark Shadows" and that he thought very highly of him as an actor.  I could not agree more with Warren in his regard for Thayer David. [ghost_grin]