Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0657  (Read 1194 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0657
« on: October 21, 2008, 05:47:33 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0657
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 11:13:05 AM »
When we switched from the shot of Barnabas listening to the music box playing, to the scene in Amy's room with the fringed canopy on the bed, for some reason I was sure we would be seeing Vicky next.  But I guess Dark Shadows isn't yet ready for that sort of smooth slipping between times.

One of the cameras had color problems today, and it made for instructive viewing.  There was more switching around between cameras than I would have thought, and when we switched from Maggie's room to Amy's room, the malfunctioning camera went along, and I got some idea of the work that the crew did, rushing from one set to another.

David and Amy were incredibly irritating today.  No wonder Maggie was on edge.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 02:48:37 PM »
David and Amy were getting on the nerves there. But I think that's the point. Maggie is too distracted by all the weird stuff...she's not used to it. Up til now she had led a relatively quiet life away from Collinwood (granted she had encounters with the supernatural before, with her ordeal at the hands of Barnabas the vamp and her involvement with Nicholas Blair, right hand man to a devil). But now she's going to have to live through it on an almost day-to-day basis. All I can say is she better start getting used to living on the edge if she expects to stay at Collinwood.

I can see why Barnabas looked so surprised when Chris said Joe has been acting a little strangely lately. While Joe had been acting strangely for quite awhile there, but that was only because of Angelique's hold on him. Now that Angelique is gone....and Joe did seem to be getting back to normal there, only to see him fly off the handle again...someone I know who also is into the show suggested that it might have occured to Barnabas, for just a brief moment, that perhaps Angelique had returned. I don't think so because I think Barnabas would have figured out that Angelique would have gone after HIM again, not Joe.

Poor Barnabas has had to handle so much so soon....Vicki's disappearance, Elizabeth's 'death', sending the children off to school (not a bad idea, either, BTW, especially for David), and now faced with the possibility that Vicki just may be trying to make contact with him.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 02:57:14 AM »
Maggie could have been wearing Vickie's clothes except for the chains .  Is Roger really in England or off on some bender?  Maybe both. It is hard to imagine that they could not contact him and who is in charge of the Collins business?   What was the purpose of Liz hiring Maggie if Barnabas decides to take the children off to school and shouldn't he ask Roger before he does this?   
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 03:58:52 AM »
i haven't seen these episodes in a long time but i remember being struck by the odd change in tone at collinwood here.

with vicki gone and roger and elizabeth temporarily out of the picture barnabas...now firmly,officially cast as the series' default "good guy" after alot of ambiguity during the previous storyline...seems to be running the show.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 04:09:18 AM »
What was the purpose of Liz hiring Maggie if Barnabas decides to take the children off to school and shouldn't he ask Roger before he does this?  

Well, Elizabeth didn't know that Barnabas was going to send them off to boarding school in the event of her being buried alive.

Good point about Barnabas needing Roger's permission. In the past, Roger would have been all for sending David to boarding school, but their relationship has improved much in the last two years.

As I say though, boarding school at this point would be a much better and safer place for David and Amy. They would be so much better off away from the evil influence of Quentin's spirit.

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 02:07:36 AM »
Amy and David are just creepy. I think they both play the parts well. I ready to see Quentin again!! It's been too long since his 1st appearance.

I guess I just bored with overall storyline for the character of Vicki. I really don't care if she comes back or not.  [devil2]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 10:40:07 AM »
I noticed the color problems, too. I didn't realize there were so many camera switches. I found it quite annoying when the colors changed.  [devil2]

Yes, indeed, Amy and David sure were acting creepy and annoying! I don't blame Maggie for having a headache while having to answer their questions about Vicki.

It's strange that Barnabas wasn't able to reach Roger. I wonder if Quentin (or Angelique) had anything to do with it? [ghost_huh]

It was neat when Josette's music box opened by itself.  [hall_grin] I'm confused about something, though. It seems to me that Vicki would have played the music box and left the note, but the note wasn't in Vicki's handwriting. [hall_shocked] Was it Quentin? [ghost_huh] It  doesn't make sense to me that it would be Quentin, though, because I don't think that he would want to help Vicki. Also, David and Amy didn't think Quentin did it. So it's a mystery to me who it was.  [hall2_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 11:13:57 AM »
I just realized that I forgot to mention something in the last post. There was a scene change during the closing credits again. It went from the stairs to Amy's room. I believe that it was the second time that it happened. [milestone] It  makes it more interesting when they do that.  [hall_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]