Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1032  (Read 718 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1032
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:48:01 PM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #1032
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 04:41:25 AM »
6/9/70

Written By: Gordon Russell
Directed by: Henry Kaplan

WOW! It’s been a while since I have been first! Thankfully I am caught up!

“Barnabas!”  Julia says as we have heard her so many times!

Great to see our Julia again!  Is it just me or do the directors and/or writers have Grayson playing her feelings for Barnabas even more compelling than before?  Or perhaps it’s Grayson once again running with her subtext?! “I will take that chance Barnabas knowing that I may never see you again!” Julia says lovingly as she looks on.   Grayson gently touches Barnabas’s coat!
OOH Barnabas almost compelled Hoffman…..

I like the theory about only one counterpart being able to be alive in each time period!

And here KLS goes with all the facial contortions that irk me to no end!

I love to see B & A going toe to toe!  As I have said before I personally feel this is the most horribly evil Angelique we have encountered.  I don’t think she has ANY redeeming qualities! I like the belly thing on Angelique’s dress!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »
Great to see our Julia again!  Is it just me or do the directors and/or writers have Grayson playing her feelings for Barnabas even more compelling than before?
Yes, that has to be done to emphasize the difference between our-time Julia and parallel time Hoffman.  But I've said before that I'm not sure they're so very different.

It's fun to see the woman whose our-time counterpart cursed Barnabas, along with the woman whose our-time counterpart developed a cure for his curse, working together to figure out just what that curse is.  If I were Lara Parker or Grayson Hall, I'd be bugging Frid right now during rehearsal time by saying things like, "Jonathan, that curse of yours...is it bigger than a breadbox?"

I guess the reason Barnabas didn't bite Hoffman was that if Angelique ever discovered the two puncture wounds, she would know exactly what was going on.  It's a pity, though.  I would have enjoyed seeing Hoffman as Barnabas's victim, and I would have enjoyed seeing our-time Julia being terribly conflicted about what Barnabas had done to her parallel time counterpart.

Oh, gosh, why hasn't Barnabas moved his coffin?  But of course that's a silly question.  He hasn't moved it so that we may have today's cliffhanger.  I suppose the idea is that Will and Carolyn are supposed to protect him, but at the moment they're falling down on the job.  It's always the way with the people assigned to protect Barnabas during the day.

The primary afghan was on the sofa in the living room of the Old House today, with its lime-green inner border quite noticeable.  I was wondering if Hoffman was going to hide underneath it.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 12:50:15 PM »
I have to respectfully disagree about Julia being more loving towards Barnabas! I think the writers or Grayson knew the show was on it's way out and she was playing or being instructed to play it for the die hard Julia/Barnabas fans--although we knew they wouldn't probably get together I think it it was nugget of hope for us.  Very much like the [spoiler]Angelique fiasco at the end of 1840[/spoiler]! Of course maybe they didn't know the show was on it's way out at this point.   I just am remembering a scene coming up in a month or so in [spoiler]1995 that is very touching with Julia professing her love in a round about way![/spoiler] Then again I could totally be reaching??
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/