Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1226  (Read 1093 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1226
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:12:16 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1226
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:28:14 AM »
Interesting that RT Gabriel in the wheelchair could still bully people, but PT Gabriel on his feet feels powerless.   Would RT Gabriel have been this way, if he weren't faking incapacity and was expected to face dangers the rest of the family did?   Maybe the wheelchair was the source of RT Gabriel's confidence and egotism.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 06:11:49 AM »
It was a pleasure to hear Christopher Pennock in the voiceover and know we were going to see more of crazy Gabriel.

And it was good to see Flora again.  I'd been wondering about her these past few days.  Poor Julia has been trying desperately to keep a lid on things, and Flora tells her she did everything wrong!  I think Julia did pretty well, all things considered.

Does Melanie ever wonder why she's the only one who has strange stuff on the shoulders of her dresses?  If I had those ribbons on my shoulders, I know they would be a mangled mess within five minutes.  But I think they're pretty anyway.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 10:52:30 AM »
We'll have to face it, says Flora, if it didn't shock him enough, he'll be more trouble than ever--if he really is in love with Melanie, we'll never get rid of him!

Flora is right, of course, but it's still unintentionally funny!

I also like the trimmings on Melanie's gowns. It seems she has two basic ones--blue and flame colored--and each one has two different sets of trimming, so Wardrobe was able to get twice as much mileage from each gown.

Poor Flora has no idea what her little baby boy is preparing for her....  [ghost_shocked]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »
I also like the trimmings on Melanie's gowns. It seems she has two basic ones--blue and flame colored--and each one has two different sets of trimming, so Wardrobe was able to get twice as much mileage from each gown.
Yes, there's an interview with the Mary McKinley, the costume person, on one of the DVDs, and she mentions making two tops for each dress for all the women because there were lots of close-ups.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 03:19:10 PM »
Thanks, Lydia--that is interesting to know!