Author Topic: DS Recipe Book  (Read 750 times)

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
DS Recipe Book
« on: July 16, 2002, 07:56:19 AM »
In the year or so I've belonged to this board I don't remember anyone ever asking this question, so I will.  Have fun with this everyone.

If there were to be a cookbook put together of favorite receipes of the DS Female Charactors, what would it be called, ingrediants and what would be a good name for the book?

Use those wild, and crazy imaginations of yours.   :)

List what favorite recipes would be by ..........

Angelique
Maggie
Vicki
Carolyn
Mrs. Johnson
Elizabeth Collins
Laura Collins
Josette
Dr. Hoffman/Julia

and any other charactors you can come up with.....I suppose the male charactors might have something in mind too.

"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: DS Recipe Book
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 11:29:05 AM »
If there were to be a cookbook put together of favorite receipes of the DS Female Charactors, what would it be called, ingrediants and what would be a good name for the book?

Call it:

STIRRING IT UP ON DARK SHADOWS!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 10:35:08 PM »
I would suggest, and this is only a suggestion...
From Couldruns to Crock Pots in Collins Cooking

I'm sure Angelique's was not the type to sit and brewed  over a hot couldrun all day, her speciality would be salads, "Angelique's Wicked Garden Salad" made from the freshest ingrediants straight from the garden patch using her keen seance of just the right herbs and spices Angelique can make a mean Salad...

Maggie has always been a seafood lover since her days behind the counter at the Collinsport hotel dinner her favorite recipe of "Lobster Roll" was always the hit with the lunch time guests.

Vickie never understood why Mrs. Johnson fussed so much in the kitchen when her favorite recipe of "Foundling home stew" a meal that can stretch for days afterward would be perfect for the Collins dinner table.. night after night.

Carolyn is just a home town girl at heart she enjoys food that grooves baby! "Hot dogs on a biker bun" is only one of Carolyn's favorite recipes

Mrs. Johnson is a woman with Maine charm and her "New England boiled dinners" is her idea of a good meal, and one she can't burn.

Elizabeth would rather let the help worry about the preparation of the meals, although shortly after letting the help go to become the famous recluse Elizabeth found that bustling around in the kitchen taught her one thing... how handy it was to call for take out dinners...Elizabeth was always the "Coffee, tea and cakes" lover.

Laura's favorite recipe was always the "flaming sishkabobs!" for obvious reasons.

Josette's favorite recipe of "Josette's crokets" were a Collins family favorite as well.

For Dr.Julia Hoffman's busy hours hard at work over a hot microphone, I mean.. microscope Julia's favorite recipe of "Hoffmans hot hash and beans" was just the right picker upper.  Of course having Barnabas hold her hand had the same effect. <G>

For Barnabas in his vampire state, leaned towards the oriental side of meal time... "anyoungthingsneck" was his favorite recipe.

Roger's favorite recipe was of course two servings of "Rogers Brandy" with a Sherry chaser.

David's idea of a great recipe was "David's Muskee"
freshly caught while fishing with Burk Devlin.

Willie's favorite recipe is of course "hidden treasures" pot pies.
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 02:00:50 AM »
Willie Loomis - Hot dogs and beans

Nicolas Blair  Rocky Mountain Oysters - (Any of you know what they are?)

Prof. Stokes - Cornish Hen

Barnabas - Steak extremely rare, (as in raw).  Bellers when you cut it.  (I live in rural America)

Elizabeth Collins - Tea and Crumpets

Maggie Evans - One slice of dry toast.  (She's awfully thin.)

Roger Collins - Beer Batter Fish

Carolyn - Light anything

Mrs. Johnson - New England Clam Chowder

Tanis

There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.