Author Topic: What Does This Message Mean???  (Read 869 times)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
What Does This Message Mean???
« on: January 31, 2005, 06:33:50 PM »
I've been trying to post a reply on the topic about Karma and keep getting this message:

"The last posting from your IP was less than 120 seconds ago. Please try again later. "

Of course my message isn't posted and I don't understand what's happening.  Thanks for any assistance.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: What Does This Message Mean???
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 07:17:03 PM »
It simply means that after every post you post to a board, you have to wait 120 seconds before another post will go through.  It doesn't sound like a long time until you find yourself sitting there, watching your computer clock, waiting for the time to pass.

The worst thing of all is that if you get impatient and click it too soon, it takes you back for ANOTHER 120 seconds.  The more impatient you are, and the more likely you are to click too soon, the longer you're going to be waiting for those posts to go through.

And it doesn't matter if you move from one board to another.  It's also the same with PMs......you have to wait out the time or your posts and messages will simply not go through.

I'm the impatient type.....believe me.....I know... ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
Re: What Does This Message Mean???
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 07:24:37 PM »
OMG,  :o  Can this be changed to less time?  I mean for those who type fast and post a lot.  2 minute wait between each post seems like a long time to wait if you are replying to a thread with many posts attached.  Or maybe I have another spiritual lesson to learn...one I've been working on for many life times.  LOL  Sometimes we feel like Willie in this animated pic:

Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/