Author Topic: When does one get another star or become a Sr. Poster?  (Read 5096 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:When does one get another star or become a Sr. Poster?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2003, 11:49:45 PM »
But, you know, changing God to Matriach (or Master, depending on the sex of the poster) is an idea...

I like Goddess, but that's just me.  ;)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2003, 09:53:04 PM »
But, you know, changing God to Matriach (or Master, depending on the sex of the poster) is an idea...

The opposite of Matriarch is Patriarch, Pepe. Use of the term "Master" on the other hand,.....well....that's a whole different topic, isn't it?....especially if it depends on the sex of the poster?  [smrtasb]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2003, 10:01:10 PM »
Pooh.  I'd rather be a Matriarch than a Master.  Ah well.  I have decided that the title Physician to the Vampire (Grayson's description of her role on DS, used in selected playbill listings of the early 70s) would suit so much better.

Drowning in Widows weeds,

Gothick

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2003, 04:44:35 PM »
Actually, all of this was discussed on the forum sometime back last March. If you do a search, you might find a very close estimate (within +/- 54) of how many posts it takes. ;) (Or you might ask Luciaphil because her guess was what won her custom title. But I suppose there might not be a guarantee a year later that she even remembers her guess. If she's anything like me, she probably doesn't because I barely remember half of what I did last week, much less last year! [lghy])

It had to do with math. I remember that much. The magic number now escapes me (I did find those missing car keys though). There's a mathematical principle/formula that I found doing a search somewhere and somehow managed to calculate.

That's all I remember.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2003, 08:00:08 PM »
The opposite of Matriarch is Patriarch, Pepe. Use of the term "Master" on the other hand,.....well....that's a whole different topic, isn't it?....especially if it depends on the sex of the poster?  [smrtasb]

Unfortunately, it was DS that paired those terms.  Liz was the matriarch of Collinwood, and various Collins men over the centuries set their sights on becoming its master.

Luciaphil's calculations came up for me in several different attempts.  You just have to be a little creative in narrowing down your search (I discovered she uses the word god a lot, as in "Oh God", "godawful", "what in the name of God were they thinking?"... ;)) but don't ignore the Max Age setting.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2003, 08:16:50 PM »

Unfortunately, it was DS that paired those terms.  Liz was the matriarch of Collinwood, and various Collins men over the centuries set their sights on becoming its master.

oh.......were we still talking about  them?   [hdscrt]

snort! [vryevl]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Connie

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2003, 09:07:26 PM »
I'd rather be a Matriarch than a Master.

Me too.

Drowning in Widows weeds,

WHAT are Widows weeds??  I have the lyrics, "sewing lace on widows weeds, and filigree on leaf and vine" drifting through my head.

-CLC
Can we give a portion of our number of posts to someone else?  Over 900 posts is rather unseemly.  I couldn't POSSIBLY have had that much to say.

PS  Are there retirement benefits after one hits a certain number??

[grinb]

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2003, 09:24:38 PM »
Can we give a portion of our number of posts to someone else?  Over 900 posts is rather unseemly.  I couldn't POSSIBLY have had that much to say.

You didn't, believe me.

P.S.-- By the way, can a person's curse count be somehow related to their matriarchal heritage? (One can't help one's ancestry).  [nut]

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2003, 09:24:47 PM »
Luciaphil's calculations came up for me in several different attempts.  You just have to be a little creative in narrowing down your search (I discovered she uses the word god a lot, as in "Oh God", "godawful", "what in the name of God were they thinking?"... ;)) but don't ignore the Max Age setting.

What can I say? DS often causes me to invoke the name of a deity  ::)

Widow's weeds are mourning clothes.  Here more than you ever wanted to know:

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/admin/news/manship_mourn.html
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2003, 01:06:41 AM »
PS  Are there retirement benefits after one hits a certain number??

[grinb]

Why, yes - you'll get locked in the tower room, where you'll have the "benefit" of being waited on by one of the Collins servants. [naughty] After all, isn't that the fate of the senior members [silly] of the family? ;)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2003, 01:09:52 AM »
Pooh.  I'd rather be a Matriarch than a Master.

Well, I suppose some exceptions could be made. [wink2]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2003, 01:23:20 AM »
oh.......were we still talking about  them?   [hdscrt]

Considering that the term Gothick used and upon which I was remarking was "Matriarch of Collinwood," one would suspect that would have been obvious. ::)

In future, please try to keep track of the context...

snort ;D

Connie

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2003, 01:59:44 AM »
...Over 900 posts is rather unseemly.  I couldn't POSSIBLY have had that much to say.

You didn't, believe me.

P.S.-- By the way, can a person's curse count be somehow related to their matriarchal heritage? (One can't help one's ancestry).  [nut]

AW......isn't she precious?

[tongue]

Connie

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2003, 02:20:13 AM »
Why, yes - you'll get locked in the tower room, where you'll have the "benefit" of being waited on by one of the Collins servants. [naughty] After all, isn't that the fate of the senior members [silly] of the family? ;)

Hell, why not!  Won't be any different than my life now.  Hey, I'd like to be waited on by Edward the Butler - he's great.  And as long as I can have occasional visits from Pansy (just girl talk), and Quentin of course, I'm fine.

What number do you have to hit for retirement benefits?

[gring]

In future, please try to keep track of the context...

Eh... Don't know about you, Rainey, but I lost track of all context YEARS ago.  LOL

Thanks for the info, Luciaphil.  I'll check out the link.

-CLC

[supergrin]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
...and Speaking of Stars....
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2003, 03:50:55 AM »
When did some people's (not everyone's, don't think Midnite's changed) star colors change?

Patti
What a Woman!