Author Topic: OT-Law & Order: Criminal Intent Tonight  (Read 2822 times)

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
OT-Law & Order: Criminal Intent Tonight
« on: January 31, 2005, 04:47:18 AM »
Did anyone catch tonight's show? I saw a bit of it but enough to see that
part of the plot was taken from the murder a few years ago in NY that involved
people who met at a DS Fest.  :o

I wonder if one of the writers is a fan?

LdyAnne

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: OT-Law & Order: Criminal Intent Tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 04:54:17 AM »
Listing from:  http://www.nbc.com/Law_&_Order:_Criminal_Intent/index.html
VIXEN FIXIN' TO CHEAT LONELY MEN OUT OF THEIR EXPENSIVE RARE COLLECTIONS -- After police accidentally shoot to death an innocent collector of expensive toys, Detectives Goren (Vincent D'Onofrio) and Eames (Kathryn Erbe) discover that the victim might have fallen prey to a conniving vixen (guest star Kim Director) who trolls sci-fi and vampire conventions in sexy outfits looking for lonely men who have massed rare and valuable collections desired by cult-like fans. The detectives attend a costume ball for fans of a "crypt club" and find a death-obsessed secret society -- some of whom could be responsible for a real murder. Jamey Sheridan and Courtney B. Vance also star.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 07:57:32 AM »
Did anyone catch tonight's show? I saw a bit of it but enough to see that
part of the plot was taken from the murder a few years ago in NY that involved
people who met at a DS Fest.  :o

Oh my, yes.  Well, the L&O franchise does use stories "ripped from the headlines."  I thought of you when the cops were looking at photos of the vampire convention in Orlando... under a heading "Fangs for the Memories."  ;)

I wonder if one of the writers is a fan?

These were probably just coincidences, but the fan that was the latest mark was named Dorian Cavanaugh, hee.  The club admired a vampire named Morpheus who was ambivalent about siring his love.  The stories in the book series took place through different timelines.  And one of the suspects had an alibi of being in Tarrytown on the day of the murder.   ;D

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 06:14:57 PM »
I didn't see all of it as I was flipping around durring comercials. It is going to be rebroadcast on Feb 19 at 11pm Est on USA network.

There must have been some working knowledge of DS for Terrytown to be mentioned Don't ya think? :o

LdyAnne

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 07:05:59 PM »
There must have been some working knowledge of DS for Terrytown to be mentioned Don't ya think? :o

I would think so.  It would certainly be one heck of a coincidence of not.  But then again.... most metro New Yorkers know the village of Tarrytown, I think.  "NYPD Blue" also frequently uses local place names in their episodes....but the "Law and Order" franchise makes a particular effort to use locations all around the metro area and they are meticulous about locating them correctly in the script.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 08:34:18 PM »
It is going to be rebroadcast on Feb 19 at 11pm Est on USA network.

Thanks.  I'll add it to the forum calendar.

And I meant to thank you for the heads up, LdyAnne.  This is one L&O series I don't usually watch and refer to it as Law & Order: CRV (Civil Rights Violations).  ::)

I would think so. It would certainly be one heck of a coincidence of not. But then again.... most metro New Yorkers know the village of Tarrytown, I think. "NYPD Blue" also frequently uses local place names in their episodes....but the "Law and Order" franchise makes a particular effort to use locations all around the metro area and they are meticulous about locating them correctly in the script.

That's very interesting.  I'm an L&O addict (watching the other 2 over and over and...) and can't recall hearing Tarrytown mentioned before.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 08:42:40 PM »
That's very interesting.  I'm an L&O addict (watching the other 2 over and over and...) and can't recall hearing Tarrytown mentioned before.

Oh I didn't mean that they had used Tarrytown in particular before.....only that they use real place names, and they seem to research them carefully so that they don't make incorrect comments about the place in the script.

They used MY home town once and got every detail about directions, near-by landmarks and exits on the nearest  major road down cold.  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 09:25:03 PM »
Oh I didn't mean that they had used Tarrytown in particular before.....only that they use real place names, and they seem to research them carefully so that they don't make incorrect comments about the place in the script.

Oh, sweetie, I understood.  :)

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 10:20:24 PM »
And I meant to thank you for the heads up, LdyAnne.  This is one L&O series I don't usually watch and refer to it as Law & Order: CRV (Civil Rights Violations).  ::)

Ditto I am a big L&O watcher (really bummed when Jerry passed!) but this isn't one I watch on a regular basis either hence why I didn't catch the whole show (Pompi was more intersting). The two leads just don't do a thing for me. no warmth between them. She phones her's in and he is a bit over the top. IMHO

LdyAnne

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 10:29:49 PM »
Man, I really wanted to watch that episode. Curses on my roommate and his love of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition!

*places the dream curse on roommate*

I know it won't end up hurting him, but hopefully it'll end getting passed to his ex-girlfriend, whom I'm sure that I dislike even more than Judah hates the Collins family. Hmmm...that's the first time I've ever said anything like that, hopefully I'm not over-obsessing. XD

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 09:35:55 PM »
Man, I really wanted to watch that episode. Curses on my roommate and his love of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition!

Never fear It is going to be rebroadcast on Feb 19 at 11pm Est on USA network.

Hmmm...that's the first time I've ever said anything like that, hopefully I'm not over-obsessing. XD

Over-obsessing? here? NEVER!  ;D

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 07:49:48 AM »
Thanks.  I'll add it to the forum calendar.

LOL midnite i quite agree also think No one is that smart! love all the others too but will make a note to catch this one on feb 19
(24 is taking over on CRVs)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 07:05:26 AM »
My husband's jaw about hit the floor when i told him we had to watch Law and Order next weekend.  He loves all the L&O shows and I usually hate them.  His favorite is SVU.  I always call it SUV(ha ha) Law And Order" SUV  Soccer Moms take revenge!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 03:47:26 AM »
My husband's jaw about hit the floor when i told him we had to watch Law and Order next weekend.  He loves all the L&O shows and I usually hate them.  His favorite is SVU.  I always call it SUV(ha ha) Law And Order" SUV  Soccer Moms take revenge!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

Only problem is it is on at the same time as our IRC chats bummer!

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 04:24:45 AM »
Only problem is it is on at the same time as our IRC chats bummer!

That's ok, I can multi task and I figure that will keep him from reading over my shoulder all night ;-)
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."