Author Topic: DS Comic collection in hardcover  (Read 766 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline katrinavantassel

• Junior Poster
  • Home sweet home
    • View Profile
Re: DS Comic collection in hardcover
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 12:42:05 AM »
It would certainly be a nice collector's item. I see there were 2 volumes listed. Is that all there will be? I never got the original comics.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: DS Comic collection in hardcover
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:13:09 AM »
in general i don't order that much DS related merchandise.

i wait until the fest(when it's on the east coast)and select what i'd like there. if this is available next year i'll probable pick it up(along with the 1991 soundtrack everyone keeps talking about).

over the weekend i was in portland, maine and went into a comic store and they had at least a dozen DS comics from gold key in a bin at $4.00 each. i only bought four including one that has the same cover as volume two of this book.

as had been mentioned many,many times the gold keys are weird and the likenesses often atrocious. from the ones i've seen it seems that only barnabas,quentin,julia,elizabeth,roger,willie,angelique and professor stokes appear and then the rest of the plot is populated with strange characters not from the series itself.

oddly none of the "girls"(vicki,carolyn or maggie)ever show up at least in issues i've seen. it would be fun to see them in comic form.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.