Author Topic: CONNECTIONS BEYOND  (Read 4733 times)

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: CONNECTIONS BEYOND
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2002, 08:05:37 PM »
    I would like to reach my Grandma.  She died in 1982.  She and her siblings were abandoned by her father when her mother died of TB.   She was sent to live with an aunt when she was only six years old.  She was raped by her aunts new husband when she was 12.  In those days, it was only bad girls who got pregnant so she was sent away to an orphanage to have her baby.  I wish I had known this before she died because she needed my love but did not know how to show it.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2002, 08:07:13 PM »
What a thrill it would be for me to speak to Grayson Hall.  I think we'd both be sitting there with a vodka gimlet with our feet up and just talking about JF, KLS, JK, JB, LE and NB her hubby Sam.  I've heard several of her interviews and really enjoy her wit and above all, her genuiness.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Nancy

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2002, 01:41:23 AM »
Mark, I have no problem believing that it was your Dad making himself known.

Nancy

I'd most want to talk to my Dad, who died a year and a half ago.

Recently, I was with my brother, and he told me that he was at Mom's place a few weeks back, and he was sitting outside alone. Mom was out for a while, so no one else was at the house. He said that he suddenly heard the sound of Dad's wheelchair in the sunroom just above him, and when he went back inside, he had the most wonderful feeling that he was not alone.

My brother is even more pragmatic-minded than I am, and he said what he heard was plain as day, no mistaking it. Whatever, it was an absolutely moving experience for him. Perhaps he really did have a moment of contact with my dad. If so, then I consider him blessed.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2002, 03:34:07 AM »
http://www.dsboards.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1025498292;start=35

Reply #35

i was wondering how the hell i missed all that .. then realized it was during the great KLEZ affair of July.  .Connie. . is the tape lost?? how funny and balsy. . i once called an actress who was on As The World Turns and we spoke for 45 mins. . she continued to write me a few times and give me encouragement in my own acting endeavors. . in the end, i'm sure she turned me in to the FBI. . .i now live in shame. .
Julia99

Connie

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2002, 08:39:21 AM »
Some of these stories are bringing me to tears.  I purposely stayed away from this thread 'cause I didn't want to think about it.  I lost my little brother 11 years ago (he was 27) and my father died about 6 years ago.  A few months after his death I had a nervous breakdown.  In the past I'd always yearned for the type of experience some of you are talking about - I would search for it - desperately seeking some kind of contact with my brother, but it never happened.  
I think those of you who've experienced this are truly fortunate.  (Hey Carol -- how come you never told me about that??)

love
CLC

Connie

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2002, 08:51:13 AM »
i was wondering how the hell i missed all that .. then realized it was during the great KLEZ affair of July.  .Connie. . is the tape lost?? how funny and balsy. .

Yeah - it seems to be lost.  Actually, about 3 weeks ago I was talking to my friend (and partner in crime) LOL, who is still my best friend to this day.  I asked her about it.  I figured some of y'all over at the Julia list would like to hear it.  She's quite sure the tape is gone - particularly since her mother made a move a few years ago and TONS of stuff was thrown out.
If the tape does still exist, she'd have no idea where it would be.  Sucks...huh?  It was a classic.  LOL

love
CLC
P.S  What's the "KLEZ affair"?

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2002, 09:52:36 AM »
Candlelighter wrote....I would like to talk to my sister that was killed in a car accident caused by a drunken driver 13 years ago Labor Day weekend.  I would tell her how beautiful her daughter turned out to be, inside and out,  and how much like her mom she is... how proud we all are of her and how she is raising her twin babies... and how I loved her so much and miss her beyond words.

Im so sorry to hear this Candlelighter. It just bought tears to my eyes!  I lost my brother years ago and I honestly feel that he's with me all the time.

I really miss my Grandmother and two Aunts whom I was very close to while I was growing up.  My Grandmother had arthritis and constantly used Ben-Gay all the time.  There are times when I'll be in my parent's house and suddenly something falls off a shelf in the kitchen while we're all sitting in the living room. Then when we go in to see what happened, we can always smell the strong scent of Ben-Gay. This happens all the time. Sometimes we'll be in the car and smell it too. I just know that my Grandmother is with us.

A couple week ago I took my mom to visit my Aunt & Grandmothers grave at the Cemetary.  While there I also visited my brother in law's grave which is very high up on a hill so my mom decided to wait in the car for me. Since Im a real camera freak I decided to take my new computer camera with me. When I was coming down the hill back to the car my mom was sitting there waving at me so I decided to take her picture. Well when I got the picture back I could swear that I see my Aunt sitting there in the back seat of the car with her eye glasses on that she always wore and just looking at me!  I thought at first it was just my imagination, but after showing a few people the picture, they all said they can vaguely make out an outline of someone sitting there with a pair of eye glasses on.  I really felt so good about this because I know now that they're really with us and that they are constantly watching over us.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2002, 10:01:05 AM »
thanks Cassandra.. so sorry to hear about your losses too... it is comforting to speak of them sometimes tho.. for me it is anyway

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2002, 01:05:10 PM »
Thanks to all of you who shared and expressed your thoughts on this post. Deceased loved ones are in spirit much closer to us  than we think.;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2002, 05:35:59 PM »
Deceased loved ones are in spirit much closer to us  than we think.;)

If I can make this thread seem even heavier for a moment, I'll tell a story that I once shared in a IM with ProfStokes:

In the summer of 1999, my life fell apart--seemingly overnight, although it had been coming for some time, and I was teetering on the edge of suicide. I was laying low in a cheap motel, on a self-destructive jag waiting for The End to finally find me.

One night, my grandmother--a key figure in my young life who had been dead for 13 years--came to me and said that she was watching over me; it's all she could really do, she said, but she wanted me to know that she was near.

At first, I tried to pass it off as some kind of weird dream, but I knew that it wasn't and came to terms with the fact that I indeed see her. It might very well be that she saved my life.

Things didn't change for me overnight, but within a few weeks I was once again taking some kind of reasonable care of myself and came through the darkest time of my life relatively unscathed. Still, it was one of the strangest experiences of my life...

Can somebody give me a ride to Windcliffe now? :)
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2002, 06:17:08 PM »

Can somebody give me a ride to Windcliffe now? :)

we've chartered a bus.. it leaves in an hour.... and oh, bring a sack lunch!  

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2002, 06:40:14 PM »
Gosh, there are too many. Besides my loved ones ( including numerous pets) I guess I would like to speak to those who died under suspecious circumstances. Maybe Marilyn Monroe, Nicole Simpson,The Black Dahlia, Lizzie Borden's parents to name a few. Really, I am not a morbid person but I cannot stand those unsolved mysteries.
It would also be cool to talk to people from the Biblical days. Moses,Noah etc.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2002, 10:51:07 AM »
Gosh, there are too many. Besides my loved ones ( including numerous pets) I guess I would like to speak to those who died under suspecious circumstances. Maybe Marilyn Monroe, Nicole Simpson,The Black Dahlia, Lizzie Borden's parents to name a few. Really, I am not a morbid person but I cannot stand those unsolved mysteries.
It would also be cool to talk to people from the Biblical days. Moses,Noah etc.

Yes, Im just like you Teresalita, those unsolved mystery murder cases really baffled me and I would love to know the truth behind them.  And don't forget the most famous one of them all, "Jack the Ripper"  I would like to talk to some of his victims and really get the truth there!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2002, 04:38:31 PM »
Some of these stories are bringing me to tears.  I purposely stayed away from this thread 'cause I didn't want to think about it.  I lost my little brother 11 years ago (he was 27) and my father died about 6 years ago.  A few months after his death I had a nervous breakdown.  In the past I'd always yearned for the type of experience some of you are talking about - I would search for it - desperately seeking some kind of contact with my brother, but it never happened.  
I think those of you who've experienced this are truly fortunate.  (Hey Carol -- how come you never told me about that??)

I've never mentioned this to you because the topic never came up. I don't go out of my way to say that I have had supernatural experiences mainly because of the weird looks that I have gotten in the past.  My own husband gives me that "yeah, right" look. Personally, I think it is because his parents have never contacted him.
 As for me, I've heard my mother's voice and seen my uncle in my family room. I had a witness that time--my daughter saw the apparition, too, and to this day, both of us say that Uncle Joe was standing in the room watching us. I can even describe what he had on.
  But, alas, all things come to an end and I guess they have moved on in the spirit world because I haven't had any contacts lately altho I think my father does keep an eye on me when I drive. I think he should start inhabiting his granddaughter's car, tho;it would ease my mnd!
   And Scout, I think we've all made that trip to Windcliff at one time or another--bag lunch or not--and been made better by the experience.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Connie

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2002, 04:51:28 PM »
 I've never mentioned this to you because the topic never came up. I don't go out of my way to say that I have had supernatural experiences mainly because of the weird looks that I have gotten in the past.

Yeah, well I've never given you weird looks.  (Although I probably should).  No...no...sorry.
What I meant to say, was I certainly wouldn't give you weird looks to your face!  No...wait...that didn't come out right.

"Oh SHUT up Connie."
("Yeah, okay.")

;D  :-X