Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0312  (Read 1286 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0312
« on: June 05, 2007, 08:25:45 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0312
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 12:51:19 AM »
This show was great. Barnabas and Willie were freaked out. The dawn is coming and  there are people left in the house. What will people think when Barnabas in later shows go down to the basement. That he changed the locks?  It was great Joe said he could break down the door and fix it again. If they would have gone downstairs the show would have been over for Barnabas.  Willie would have been a dead duck, and they would have changed the whole course of history. I guess he still had time left because he didn't  de-materialize. When if we were watching the story in 1967 we would have been fretting and chewing our fingers.

I also had to say that they all looked good for staying up all night. Every hair in place and their clothes didn't even look rumpled. But that is DS for you. Kids would have run home from school and sitting on the edge of their seats. There was nothing like this back then. Great Show and Great acting on JF part an d JK.

As a side thought what do you think what Joe and the sherrif thought that Barnabas and Willie had their heads together and fretting.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 02:08:38 AM »
I like the logic that brings the Sheriff and Joe to the Old House.  We know David's not there, but it was established weeks ago that David is drawn to the Old House like a moth to the flame, and so we get to see Barnabas and Willie having kittens while the Old House is searched.  It all makes sense!  No extrasensory stuff at all!

I keep thinking about the Sheriff and Joe searching the Old House.  That is one big house.  Not as big as Collinwood, but still, it would take time to search the whole house.  How long did they take?  I haven't kept track of time in this David-is-missing business.  At one point tonight, at Collinwood, I think that Joe said (ostentatiously checking his watch, even though the grandfather clock was right in front of him) that David had disappeared a couple of hours ago.  Did Willie comment just before the Sheriff and Joe got to the Old House that it was nearly dawn?  All I know is, I wish I could have helped out on the search.  I'd love to see all over that house.

Once again the writers heard my question, this time about Eagle Hill cemetery's current distance from Collinwood.  David was seen about two miles away, so Eagle Hill is still a good trek from Collinwood for a small boy after dark.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 03:17:54 AM »
The Old House might not be all that big.   On the outside, it seems like it's mostly porch and pillars.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:39:49 AM »
You wonder how many levels of Basement.  is there at least 2??? I remember the time when he was going to kill Maggie. .  All those levels for the booty from the pirates.  :-X
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 09:03:22 PM »
At one point tonight, at Collinwood, I think that Joe said (ostentatiously checking his watch, even though the grandfather clock was right in front of him) that David had disappeared a couple of hours ago.  Did Willie comment just before the Sheriff and Joe got to the Old House that it was nearly dawn? 

I noticed that, too, Lydia.  I think the writers got screwed up with the time - it was more than a couple of hours ago!   [6184]

I agree, that was very suspenseful at the end! [shkdg]  Barnabas and Willie were both sweating  bullets when Joe and Sheriff Patterson were there! [winkg]

Great episode! [banana]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 03:31:29 AM »
Definitely one of the best plotted DS episodes ever.  So many different lines of suspense operating at one time. I'm surprised they didn't end the episode a minute or so earlier, however, with Barnabas staring at the clock sweating bullets as the sun rises.  (Personally, I think it was strictly for economic reasons.  They had to find a way to clear all the actors from the set so they wouldn't have to pay them for the next episode).

Instead they go and pull one of the greatest deux ex machinas of all time to get Barnabas out of his pickle!