Author Topic: Comprehending Physical Love: A Cleric's Perspective  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Comprehending Physical Love: A Cleric's Perspective
« on: April 09, 2002, 06:36:33 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans:

The Rev. Trask made the following statement to the nefarious Nathan Forbes today: "I'm afraid that physical love is beyond my comprehension."  Oh yeah, then I have one question to ask.  How did little baby Lamar Trask become a gleam in his daddy's eye?

Come to think of it, I wonder what Mrs. Rev. Trask looks like?  Somehow, I envision her as looking remarkably like the wife of Major Frank Burns a/k/a "Ferret Face" on M*A*S*H.   Then again, Rev. Trask's better half might be a dead ringer for that hot blonde on Lexx.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, a closet heterosexual

PS Kudos to Sam Hall for that inspired Rev. Trask line today!

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: Comprehending Physical Love: A Cleric's Perspective
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 07:04:33 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans:

The Rev. Trask made the following statement to the nefarious Nathan Forbes today: "I'm afraid that physical love is beyond my comprehension."  Oh yeah, then I have one question to ask.  How did little baby Lamar Trask become a gleam in his daddy's eye?

Come to think of it, I wonder what Mrs. Rev. Trask looks like?  Somehow, I envision her as looking remarkably like the wife of Major Frank Burns a/k/a "Ferret Face" on M*A*S*H.   Then again, Rev. Trask's better half might be a dead ringer for that hot blonde on Lexx.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, a closet heterosexual

PS Kudos to Sam Hall for that inspired Rev. Trask line today!

Haha Bob!!! that was funny and we can't say look to the mailman because Lamar is a clone of his father!!

jennifer

when i think of Mrs. Trask I think pruneface! i think that would explian Trask's mood! >:(
also that Lexx is one weird show!!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2002, 08:06:02 AM »
You don't have to luv it to do it, do ya??? I mean he is a man of God. . he's gonna go forth and procreate.  .. no matter how down and dirty and sweaty and ohh, ahh... excuse me, where is the ice water???
Julia99

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2002, 12:09:39 PM »
I guess the Rev'd Trask was couching his terms carefully, Bob the B.  You know, kinda like "is-is".  What he meant was that he wasn't very good at it - not that he never did.  I imagine you could call it "did-did".

Gerard

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2002, 03:23:25 PM »
Julia99 took the words right off my keyboard (You don't have to luv it to do it, do ya???).  After reading B the B's post my guess was that the guy hasn't got the first clue what love is let alone love making.  His vile attitude would no doubt permeate every aspect of his so-called life - the words husbandly duties come to mind.  So, therefore I would say he deserves someone just as nasty as himself in a wife.  [frkoff]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2002, 08:33:08 PM »
Julia99 took the words right off my keyboard (You don't have to luv it to do it, do ya???).  After reading B the B's post my guess was that the guy hasn't got the first clue what love is let alone love making.  His vile attitude would no doubt permeate every aspect of his so-called life - the words husbandly duties come to mind.  So, therefore I would say he deserves someone just as nasty as himself in a wife.  [frkoff]

Oh i think old Trasky would love doing "it" but it would be with one of those "wenches" from the docks. kinda like a lot of those wealthy men who marry the "right " women" then can't stand the sight of them. think how all the Trasks loved harassing young women
that they were lusting(love that word)after!!

jennifer
speaking of that word have to run out to get my SI mag
with Tom Brady on the cover!!!(sorry Drew!)

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2002, 10:46:37 PM »
I still remember a kinky scene in the 1991 DARK SHADOWS series featuring Trask, as played by Roy Thinnes (with the oddest eyebrows I've ever seen), ladeling hot water over a naked, nubile young thang he was punishing.  His lust was obvious on his ugly face.

I suspect Rev. Trask isn't much different from Gregory Trask, who in 1897 lusted after his young female teachers and probably forced Rachel Drummond into doing God knows what.  

We get the idea that here in 1796, Rev. Trask is probably single, but obviously he must have been married to someone in Salem who bore his offspring (and probably closed her eyes during the act and prayed for it to be over).  I don't think they'd quite decided to give Rev. Trask any offspring at this point in the storyline.

Love, Robin  

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2002, 01:55:27 AM »
Rev. Trask and Gruesome Gregory are rather different men.  Aside from being ministers, Rev. Trask honestly believes in what he's doing.  Gregory was a first class hypocrite out to make a buck.  There's a difference.

I also get the feeling that when it comes to the um, finer sensibilities, Rev. Trask is really at sea.  Gregory manipulated women with a great deal of ease.  In visualizing his relations with the lady unfortunate enough to be his wife, I'm seeing a "Close your eyes and think of England" kind of coupling.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga