Author Topic: Storylines & Ideas We Never Saw?...  (Read 5841 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Storylines & Ideas We Never Saw?...
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 10:39:23 PM »
Hmmmm... thanks for that link, darling Mysterioso.

It reminds me there was definitely SOMETHING hinted at there that I WANTED to see, but never did... on DS...

*sly wink* G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 10:42:48 PM »
I quote from the published credits on us.imdb.com

Boris Karloff ....  Im-ho-tep, alias Ardath Bey

yep, somebody definitely has WAY too much time on his hands today.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 10:48:43 PM »
yep, somebody definitely has WAY too much time on his hands today.

You're not alone....  I have my kid tossing the house looking for my VHS copy of the film....[lghy]

BTW....is it available on DVD?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 11:15:45 PM »
would you believe that GOOGLE has 4,520 entries for ArdEth as opposed to 2,310 for ArdAth?......[lghy]

I'd definitely believe it. Spelling variations can be the single worst nightmare when you're trying to look up something on the Internet!  ::)  You'll often miss out on a lot of informative sites simply because someone has misspelled something.  :(

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 11:22:15 PM »
I'd definitely believe it. Spelling variations can be the single worst nightmare when you're trying to look up something on the Internet!  ::)  You'll often miss out on a lot of informative sites simply because someone has misspelled something.  :(

Google has 4,030 results for Barnabus "Dark Shadows".

:-X

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 11:28:41 PM »
Quote from: MysteriousB
  You'll often miss out on a lot of informative sites simply because someone has misspelled something.  :(

You mean someone like me.....who treats the rules of spelling as though they were mere suggestions...... ::)

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 11:33:08 PM »
You mean someone like me.....who treats the rules of spelling as though they were mere suggestions...... ::)

I wasn't pointing any fingers.  [gring]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 11:45:22 PM »

I wasn't pointing any fingers.  [gring]

You didn't have to, Pepe.....[lghy]
Dylan Thomas

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 03:35:02 AM »
You're not alone....  I have my kid tossing the house looking for my VHS copy of the film....[lghy]

You mean you don't keep your tape in a place of honor where you can easily access it and watch it every year just before Halloween?  [shkdb]

BTW....is it available on DVD?

Yes, all the Universal Monster films were recently released in DVD boxed sets (Frankenstein: the Legacy Collection, Dracula: the Legacy Collection, etc.) to coincide with the release of Van Helsing.  The Mummy Legacy would include Karloff's Mummy and the four Kharis films (The Mummy's Hand, The Mummy's Tomb, The Mummy's Ghost, and The Mummy's Curse).  There's also a separate boxed set with the newest Brendan Fraser Mummy movies (also by Universal), so be careful of which one you buy.

ProfStokes

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 04:29:58 AM »
    I've been wondering about storylines, ideas, and plotlines the DS writers & Dan Curtis planned which never made it into the series.

There's Seaview. That's the house Vicki falls in love with and Burke tries to buy. They were clearly going toward a haunted house thing with that one. Not sure why that got dropped like the proverbial hot potato.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 05:06:58 AM »
Now...I may be thinking that this may have been shown in the show before...since I'm unfortunately not the most avid watcher...wish I could be. Oh well...anyways:

Didn't they just drop the storyline with Vicki's parents?

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005, 05:21:44 AM »
Didn't they just drop the storyline with Vicki's parents?

Yep, they definitely left that plot thread dangling.  In the pre-Barnabas eps they dropped hints about her parentage but we never found out the truth.

~Penny Dreadful~
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2005, 05:31:15 AM »
    I've been wondering about storylines, ideas, and plotlines the DS writers & Dan Curtis planned which never made it into the series. 

There's Seaview. That's the house Vicki falls in love with and Burke tries to buy. They were clearly going toward a haunted house thing with that one. Not sure why that got dropped like the proverbial hot potato.
i would have liked to see more of "seaview" as well.it had interesting possibilities.but that unresolved plotline occured shortly before the 1795 arc and i think that they decided to go after bigger fish.
and let's not forget that after 1795 nearly EVERY SINGLE PLOT that occured before it was dropped like that proverbial hot potato. ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005, 05:45:00 AM »
i would have liked to see more of "seaview" as well.it had interesting possibilities.

Yes, I wonder what exactly they had planned for the Seaview house.  I agree, it was probably going to be a "haunted house" type tale with Vicki at the center of it no doubt.

and let's not forget that after 1795 nearly EVERY SINGLE PLOT that occured before it was dropped like that proverbial hot potato. ::)

Absolutely.  Why, for example, was David no longer terrified of Barnabas after 1795?!  I mean, he pretty much knew Barnabas was a vampire at that point, flat out stating that Barnabas was "dead!"  I figure either Barnabas hypnotized David into forgetting, or David realized Barnabas wasn't a vampire any more after seeing him walk around in the daylight later on.  I wonder where that would have gone had they pursued it.

I wonder if Dan Curtis or the show's writers would remember any unused plots at this point.  It'd be interesting to find out what didn't make the "final cut" so to speak.

~Penny Dreadful~
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2005, 04:10:53 PM »
You mean you don't keep your tape in a place of honor where you can easily access it and watch it every year just before Halloween?  [shkdb]

Well, yes, actually....I do.  But when I went looking for it, it wasn't where it was supposed to be.  Thus, the house tossing.  What's worse is that it still hasn't been located.  Now I have to determine which member of the household was fool enough to lend it to someone else, and impose the appropriate penalty.[13]

Yes, all the Universal Monster films were recently released in DVD boxed sets

Thank you , Professor.  Now that you mention it, I remember being in a store with my husband debating the purchase of one of those sets.  If I can't locate the tape, I might have to buy the DVD now.  ;)
Dylan Thomas