Author Topic: I was hoping to see Thayer David in the latest Rocky  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
I was hoping to see Thayer David in the latest Rocky
« on: January 11, 2007, 08:44:08 PM »
  I saw Rocky Balboa at the movies the other night. They showed a lot of archive footage from the original Rocky. I thought that they might give a quick flash of Thayer but no luck.  His character Jergens was in more than a few scenes. It would have been cool to flashback to when Jergens Announced Rocky's name in the ring.  Who knows, maybe Thayer will be in the next Rocky movie.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re: I was hoping to see Thayer David in the latest Rocky
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 09:30:21 PM »
I thought that they might give a quick flash of Thayer but no luck.  His character Jergens was in more than a few scenes. It would have been cool to flashback to when Jergens Announced Rocky's name in the ring.  Who knows, maybe Thayer will be in the next Rocky movie.
Last time we were in New York prior to the Fest, they had an outdoor screening of Rocky in Bryant Park. We happened across the area just as TD was on the screen.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 11:35:41 PM »
While Thayer David was an "adviser" to Apollo Creed in the very first "Rocky" movie, he didn't do much. What a waste of that man's talents! I haven't seen this latest film, although I'm a "Rocky" fan, I am disappointed about this. Of course, those are just my "DS" sentiments showing!

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 01:48:29 AM »
 Your right Adamsgirl, Thayer David didn't have a large part in the movie. I guess being a Dark Shadows fan tends to make his part more memorable to me . On the other hand he did get the number six spot in the credits out of close to fifty people. He's listed right under Carl Weathers and Burgess Meredith. That's a spot worthy of a man of his talent.     As for MsCriseyde, what a rush it must have been for you as a DS fan to walk into the the park at just that moment. How long ago was that anyway?

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 03:15:18 PM »
As for MsCriseyde, what a rush it must have been for you as a DS fan to walk into the the park at just that moment. How long ago was that anyway?
It was just this past summer. I don't think any of us thought it was a particularly big deal. I was more amazed by how many people came out to watch it.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)