Author Topic: Roger  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Roger
« on: October 19, 2002, 09:44:14 AM »
Well, naturally Roger is disbelieving and therefore causing problems; theatening Stokes that he should stop scaring his sister and tell her that all is well, etc.  It always seems as though there is one character (in this case, usually Roger) who never believes.  And so, I always expect it to continue that way, that he would go along with them just because everyone else is leaving, but still not believe.

I know I was surprised the first time and I always love it when he actually DOES see Quentin and HAS to believe.

Then, there's his "parting shot" at Quentin.  It always seems like such "un-Roger-like" behavior and I love it - his finest moment!

There's another one (during the Leviathan story, I think) where he surprises me and has a really good spell.
Josette

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Roger
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2002, 06:51:31 PM »
I agree. What a great scene! Another Roger moment I like is in the beginning when he is totally humbled after finding out that David did indeed try to kill him. There was also a terrific scene with he and Dennis Patrick in the drawing room.  Electrifying stuff that just crackled with intensity.  Louis Edmonds was such a good actor.  He was one of the big six in my estimation. JF, JB, JK, NB, DP and LE were the best of the better actors on the show IMHO.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2002, 08:33:40 PM »
Hi, Joesette and Miss Winthrop i agree Roger did
a great job of acting!!!  I do expecially love the way
Quentin facial expressions change he does that
so well. If i were him i'd start laughing thru the whole
scene. The Q-man really knows how to keep a
straight face.           Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 03:13:22 AM »
Dear old Rog, I DO love him so! I especially liked how he showed up after his bender in London knowing EVERYTHING about what had been happening and of course, knowing it DIFFERENTLY than anyone who was actually there at the time! He does not always buy David's wide-eyed innocent act, but I guess after a separation it would be more likely to work.

Uhhh gee, Rog, have you forgotten that wire across the stairs?
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 12:22:22 PM »
Josette Wrote:
I know I was surprised the first time and I always love it when he actually DOES see Quentin and HAS to believe.

This was such a great scene!  To see Roger finally come face to face with the ghost of Quentin after constantly telling everyone "it's just their imaginations"  was just priceless!!  I thought he played the whole thing off very good. He was so shocked from what he had just witnessed before his eyes that the Professor actually had to help him on his feet.  These were great scenes!

The parting scene was also a great one.  I loved it when Roger was leaving and then yelled back "We'll be back!!"  It reminded me of the old Roger who was so strong and self assured.
"Calamity Jane"