Author Topic: Their memories returned  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Their memories returned
« on: October 16, 2002, 10:01:54 AM »
Once again, they got things right!  Aside from Carolyn's questions to David the other day about ghosts, as though she didn't know he had had all sorts of ghostly experiences in the past, there was another time a while back.  I forget the details, but I think Barnabas assumed that David couldn't know about the secret room or something like that.

So, today he finally remembered.  He reminded David that he had found him there once before and even mentioned the secret room to him, knowing it really wasn't a secret to him.  I couldn't believe it that they got back on track with that!
Josette

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
Re: Their memories returned
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 01:26:20 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if different writers wrote in a vacuum.

I heard or read that different people wrote the scripts sometimes and I guess they didn't make notes to keep everyone consistent.

It is jarring, these scenes of amnesia.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 03:42:44 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if different writers wrote in a vacuum.

I heard or read that different people wrote the scripts sometimes and I guess they didn't make notes to keep everyone consistent.

It is jarring, these scenes of amnesia.

Most older television shows were like that and course alot of tv shows of today.  It really bothers me when they dont have a consistent storyline.  

That is why I enjoy Buffy and Angel so much, they still refer to small and big moments from 5 years ago. For the most part they really do get it right.

I think most of tv writers of Hollywood finally realized that people really do care about characters that they watch and remember everything!!  And they dont like it when you replace a character's history to heighten a new storyline.

I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 08:15:50 PM »

So, today he finally remembered.  He reminded David that he had found him there once before and even mentioned the secret room to him, knowing it really wasn't a secret to him.  I couldn't believe it that they got back on track with that!

yeah, I picked up on that too.  
BTW... since we are on the topic of the secret room, why is it that David  does not remember that his favorite cousin sleeps in a coffin?  Did Julia hypnotize him?  If so, I must have missed that episode.
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2002, 11:56:21 PM »

I think most of tv writers of Hollywood finally realized that people really do care about characters that they watch and remember everything!!  And they dont like it when you replace a character's history to heighten a new storyline.

Not in daytime TV. They still do that all the time on today's soaps.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2002, 10:56:08 AM »
yeah, I picked up on that too.  
BTW... since we are on the topic of the secret room, why is it that David  does not remember that his favorite cousin sleeps in a coffin?  Did Julia hypnotize him?  If so, I must have missed that episode.

That has always been a mystery and alot has been said on the subject.  It was thought that perhaps when Barnabas was "cured" by Dr.Lang/Adam,  David's memory of what Barnabas once was simply disappeared the way Carolyn's did.

Julia did try to hypnotize David, but had no success with it.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2002, 02:51:10 PM »

Not in daytime TV. They still do that all the time on today's soaps.

Mainly because they cant keep a headwriter for more than  year. Daytime soaps turn over in the writing department is huge.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books