Author Topic: Ghost of Q-Person: Unacceptable Behavior  (Read 1769 times)

Connie

Ghost of Q-Person: Unacceptable Behavior
« on: October 16, 2002, 05:13:46 AM »
I don't remember the shows airing now so a lot of this is new to me.  Just WHAT is up with Quentin??  What is he trying to accomplish?

My daughter's explanation:  "he has some unresolved issues".   LOL  Yeah -- okay.
I mean, I thought he was haunting David because of his love for Jamison.  Well, all he does is kill people, cause trouble, scare the crap out of the kids, and treat David like shit.  WHY??

Why did he want to poison Chris?  What did he want with the pentagram?
I usually don't bother even wondering about such things on the show - it's a waste of time.
BUT...I can't make sense of Mr. Q-Ghost's motivation.

I wanna smack him!

-CLC  [smash]

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost of Q-Person: Unacceptable Behavior
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 06:04:22 AM »
I don't remember the shows airing now so a lot of this is new to me.  Just WHAT is up with Quentin??  What is he trying to accomplish?

My daughter's explanation:  "he has some unresolved issues".   LOL  Yeah -- okay.
I mean, I thought he was haunting David because of his love for Jamison.  Well, all he does is kill people, cause trouble, scare the crap out of the kids, and treat David like shit.  WHY??

Why did he want to poison Chris?  What did he want with the pentagram?
I usually don't bother even wondering about such things on the show - it's a waste of time.
BUT...I can't make sense of Mr. Q-Ghost's motivation.

I wanna smack him!

-CLC  [smash]

Well, I HAVE seen it before and I don't understand any better than you. I think we can sum it up with "He's dead and he's PISSED OFF!" The pentagram he wanted, because he doesn't want to be identified. He hates the Collins because of what they did to him. (Which I really don't remember, to tell you the truth). Why he wants to kill his own descendant, I have no idea. I don't think it is to spare him the misery.

Spoiler:

It is amazing how immortality has such an improving effect on his personality! Whew!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline liz_collins

• Where are my pearls?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 06:44:44 AM »
ok here it goes and please anyone correct me if I am wrong.  
He has to destroy the werewolf which happens to be Chris.  He understands what is happening to Chris because he is/was a werewolf himself.
Everyone tried to take his son from him so that is why he is mad at the family and does not want them to know he is there.
And David has questioned him.  If I remember Jamison never questioned his father.
If anyone can correct me please do.
Oh, Roger!

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 10:30:16 PM »
He has to destroy the werewolf which happens to be Chris.  He understands what is happening to Chris because he is/was a werewolf himself.

That's what I thought at first, but it doesn't make sense because Amy is still a carrier for the curse.  If she has a son, it will be passed on down to him.

And just WHY was Quentin trying to strangle David, and then burning his arm?  Is that some kind of sick method of mind control?

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 01:39:00 AM »
Hi,all i'm sorry my Q-man is acting this way i guess
because like Liz Collins just said his was taken away
and he wants his happiness back again.  ( Anne will
go and hide in The West Wing now and cry
                      Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2002, 01:43:07 AM »
Spoiler
Jamison was not Quentin's son, but his brother, Edward's son and a favorite nephew of Quentin's.  Quentin had a son - watch and see what happened to him.  David Selby liked the name of Jamison so much that he named his Real son Jamison. I think that he does want to end the curse, drive all of the people out of Collinwood (I don't know what he had planned for Amy.
Afan, who loves the 1897 story, but does not like the "monster" Quentin we are seeing now.
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Connie

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2002, 03:33:13 AM »
Hi,all i'm sorry my Q-man is acting this way...

Well, you OUGHTA be.

( Anne will go and hide in The West Wing now and cry.

Forget about crying in the West Wing!  If you don't do something about straightening that boy out, I just might have to.  He's way outta line.

-CLC
(Who is normally quite tolerant of Quentin's antics, but THIS stuff is a bit too much to swallow.)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2002, 03:55:20 AM »
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Spoiler
Jamison was not Quentin's son, but his brother, Edward's son and a favorite nephew of Quentin's.  Quentin had a son - watch and see what happened to him.  David Selby liked the name of Jamison so much that he named his Real son Jamison. I think that he does want to end the curse, drive all of the people out of Collinwood (I don't know what he had planned for Amy.

Not only was Jamison not Quentin's son, but Quentin is so far from being a disciplinarian to the kid, it's not even funny.

As for his "reasons," well Quentin was a spoiled (if gorgeous SOB) in life, maybe those qualities just went exponential in death??

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline liz_collins

• Where are my pearls?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2002, 07:11:43 PM »
ok, Amy is the carrier of the werewolf gene.  But would Quentin know that.  If he does not, don't you think he would try to destroy what he knew.
Luciaphil is more than right, it probably did carry over to the grave.  So Quentin can't help himself.
Oh, Roger!

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2002, 07:22:25 PM »
Forget about crying in the West Wing!  If you don't do something about straightening that boy out, I just might have to.  He's way outta line.

Let's play the game and this time Quentin is the contestant who loses.;) (VAM, who now feels her arm scorching...)

It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2002, 08:22:34 PM »
Quentins family also apparently killed him and left his body on the chair to rot away and sealed the room off.  That would get his ghost angry!

This theory does not take into account the 1897 as we will soon witness.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2002, 08:39:20 PM »
While people were certainly aware of the fact that particular attributes 'ran in families', the actual concept of genetic factors being passed from parent to child was just beginging to be understood in the medical profession in the late 19th century.  It certainly wasn't common knowledge in the general population.  Queen Victoria went to her grave still in denial that she and her daughters and granddaughters were responsible for spreading hemophilia across the thrones of Europe.

I've never watched this period of DS....but if they start talking about 'genetic' lycanthropy ::) in 1897, someone should have slapped the writer.

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2002, 02:38:22 AM »
Hi, Connie I'm trying to controll the Q-man  Honest
iam!!!  :P  Maybe i'd ought to leave CollinWood!!
                   Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow