Author Topic: PHOENIX LINEAGE  (Read 2456 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: PHOENIX LINEAGE
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2002, 06:21:07 PM »

It was my understanding that Jeremiah and Barnabas were close in age (you were to believe) and that is why they had a brotherly bond. The mention of the information in 1897 is not consistent with that of 1795 (so what else is new) storyline.

They were suppose to be the same age Vam but as you said not first time they played with the storyline!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2002, 06:53:44 PM »

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

But if we go with the Phoenix spirit theory thing, then the "Laura" who knows who Josette is/was would be the Phoenix spirit who knew Josette.

Besides no matter how you slice it, there was still a body in that morgue in Arizona that they found the locket on while "Laura" was cavorting around Collinsport wearing the same locket.

Luciaphil

How would Laura know about Josette?  If Barnabas was supposed to be just a boy how could Josette be there? Barnabas met Josette in Martinique and she came to Collinsport for her wedding.  Angelique would have been there, too.  I am completely confused and I have seen this part of the story before.  
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2002, 08:41:17 PM »

How would Laura know about Josette?  If Barnabas was supposed to be just a boy how could Josette be there? Barnabas met Josette in Martinique and she came to Collinsport for her wedding.  Angelique would have been there, too.  I am completely confused and I have seen this part of the story before.  

Shhhhhhh!  You're not s'pose to ask logical questions like that!  This is Dark Shadows!  Next thing you know, people'll start asking why Naomi's tombstone still says 1821 on it even though she cashed it in in 1796.

Gerard

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2002, 09:46:00 PM »

The idea of Laura in 1966 knowing who Josette is doesn't really make much sense. Neither the Laura who died in 1766 nor the Laura who died in 1866 would have lived during the same time as Josette, who was said to have died in 1822 prior to the arrival of Barnabas and the subsequent history revision.

The ghost of Josette, however, is originally presented as a sort of "Casper the Friendly Ghost" character prior to the introduction of Barnabas, and serves primarily as a protector to David. It's possible that the Phoenix is simply aware of her presense and her determination to protect David from her rather than having actually "known" her in life. It's also possible the 1966 Laura (pre-Phoenix) had a few run-ins with this spirit, and the Phoenix retains all of Laura's mortal memories. Don't know where she got Josette's necklace from; this would seem to imply she DID know Josette in life, but it's also possible Josette arranged for her to have this necklace or altered her portrait to include it just so Vicki would recognize it and realize something wasn't quite right about Laura. Josette's role in the Phoenix storyline was helping Victoria discover Laura's secret so she could protect David.