Author Topic: Ordering info-- DS Complete Music Library / Update-- DS: The Beginning DVDs  (Read 3815 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Sent to DVD Club Members from MPI Home Video and DarkShadowsDVD.com:

Dark Shadows Complete Music Library Now Available!

This one of a kind collection features the most popular hits from the Dark Shadows series.  The music you loved & revered for so many years is now available from MPI Home Video!

As a thank you for your membership in the Dark Shadows DVD Club, you'll receive $13 OFF the list price of $59.98.

This eight disc CD set includes the Grammy-nominated hit Quentin's Theme.

The 1966-1971 ABC-TV Gothic daytime series Dark Shadows remains one of the most unique programs in broadcasting history. Much of the show's atmosphere of romance and suspense can be attributed to its highly popular musical score, composed by Robert Cobert.

In 1969, THE ORIGINAL MUSIC FROM DARK SHADOWS album hit the Top 20 and it remains in the top five most successful television soundtrack releases of all-time. The show also spawned a top ten single, Quentin's Theme, which received a Grammy nomination.

Now, for the first time, the entire music library from the original Dark Shadows series, covering hundreds of cues, is collected in this digitally remastered eight disc set, including many rare, never-before-heard alternate and outtake selections. In addition, the enclosed booklets feature a new interview with composer Robert Cobert, photos and vintage production listings for every track.

All orders received before December 11th also receive a FREE bonus CD. BOB COBERT - A Different View showcases Robert Cobert's diverse musical background with Big Band, Jazz, Disco & Bossa Nova tracks.

Order Now!  http://mpihomevideo.com/?p=25467&pid=1802

And with the new addition of the music library to your collection, make sure you don't miss out on our newly released Dark Shadows merchandise!

With everything from t-shirts, sweatshirts and tank-tops to travel mugs and tote bags, we've got all your Dark Shadows needs covered.  Now there's an easy way to show off your love for your favorite classic daytime series!

Order Now!  http://www.mpihomevideo.com/?p=4353&pcid=139&sid=232

Thanks again for your membership in the Dark Shadows DVD Club.

Dark Shadows: The Beginning DVD Collection

In just a few short weeks, the long awaited shipment of the Dark Shadows: The Beginning DVD Collection will begin!  Come the first week of January, 2007, you'll  have the chance to begin the completion of your Dark Shadows DVD Collection!

If you are scheduled for the first collection of the Dark Shadows: The Beginning series as your next installment in the Dark Shadows DVD Club, this title is scheduled to begin shipping the first week of January, 2007.

And don't forget...with your membership in the Dark Shadows DVD Club, you'll receive every 6th collection free of charge!  After you have purchased 5 Collections through the DVD Club, you will receive your 6th absolutely  FREE!

Members of the club also receive the following benefits:
-         Free Shipping (via US Mail) for all Dark Shadows Orders
-         Exclusive Discount Offers on limited Dark Shadows Merchandise
-         Exclusive shipping of the Dark Shadows: The Beginning DVD Collection

See how it all began in just a few more weeks...[/b]
[/font]

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Please remove the information from your post about the discount being offered to DVD Club members.  The discount code is for club members only.  Since I'm willing to pay higher prices for the DVD sets as a club member, I do not want non-members (who are paying discounted prices from Amazon, etc.) to get the same discount I am having to pay for.

This information was intended for club members only--not the general public.
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Please remove the information from your post about the discount being offered to DVD Club members.  The discount code is for club members only.  Since I'm willing to pay higher prices for the DVD sets as a club member, I do not want non-members (who are paying discounted prices from Amazon, etc.) to get the same discount I am having to pay for.  This information was intended for club members only--not the general public.

HUH??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Please remove the information from your post about the discount being offered to DVD Club members.  The discount code is for club members only.  Since I'm willing to pay higher prices for the DVD sets as a club member, I do not want non-members (who are paying discounted prices from Amazon, etc.) to get the same discount I am having to pay for.

Do you really want to tell the owner of this wonderful forum what she can or can not post?? ?? ?? ? :P
Ldyanne

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile

LOL, okay.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I do not want non-members (who are paying discounted prices from Amazon, etc.) to get the same discount I am having to pay for.

My thinking is that MPI can efficiently identify their club members.

Anyway, apparently the same info is being circulated to ShadowGram subscribers.

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Do you really want to tell the owner of this wonderful forum what she can or can not post?? ?? ?? ? :P

I think that I already did.  I agree that it is a wonderful forum, and I read it several times a day.  However, being the owner of a forum doesn't give you carte blanche on what you post.  If the owner posts libelous material, he can still be sued for libel.  Last week in court, I objected to a question that the judge asked a witness.  Of course, he overruled my objection.  However, just because he is the judge did not mean that he could violate rules of evidence.

I just think that it should be up to MPI to decide who it distributes its discount codes to.

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
My thinking is that MPI can efficiently identify their club members.

Actually, when you enter the discount code online, the discount is automatically applied.  It is all done instataneously without time for anyone to check to see who is a member and who is not.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Please remove the information from your post about the discount being offered to DVD Club members.  The discount code is for club members only.  Since I'm willing to pay higher prices for the DVD sets as a club member, I do not want non-members (who are paying discounted prices from Amazon, etc.) to get the same discount I am having to pay for.  This information was intended for club members only--not the general public.

being the owner of a forum doesn't give you carte blanche on what you post.  If the owner posts libelous material, he can still be sued for libel.  Last week in court, I objected to a question that the judge asked a witness.  Of course, he overruled my objection.  However, just because he is the judge did not mean that he could violate rules of evidence. 

Okay, I'll ask again, what are you talking about??!  In the span of two sentences you say exactly the same thing and I'm confused as to what you're objecting to.  In sentence one you say the discount is for club members only and in sentence two you say the same thing.  What are you objecting to?  And what exactly is libelous about what she posted?  No one's reputation is being harmed in her post, what's your point??  I also stand by what LdyAnne said, Midnite can post whatever the hell she wants on her forum.  Making a friendly suggestion, in a PM, is one thing.  But out and out ordering her to change her post is more than arrogant, not to mention rude!    >:(
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Actually, when you enter the discount code online, the discount is automatically applied.  It is all done instataneously without time for anyone to check to see who is a member and who is not.

I understand that; DVD club members do not log in, so this is inevitable.  Therefore, membership verification must follow and charges can be adjusted.

BuzzH, katsfan did not accuse me of libel; katsfan referred to my posting the ordering info provided to club members.  MB and I always welcome and appreciate feedback-- I still claim the title She Who Gets Letters-- though decisions are ultimately ours to make, and I did take katsfan's rerquest to heart, but as I pointed out, the same info, with the discount code, have been widely distributed by the official DS newsletter.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
Re: Ordering info-- DS Complete Music Library / Update-- DS: The Beginning DVDs
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 05:47:02 PM »
I already ordered a set!  I believe the Shadowgram email newsletter already had the code in there.  I didn't use it, but I do believe they mentioned the code in the email.

Midnite rules!
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 10:23:35 PM »
BuzzH, katsfan did not accuse me of libel

Not to keep harping, and I'll shut up after this, but actually she did, see below...

If the owner posts libelous material, he can still be sued for libel.

Which is what I was referring to in my post.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 01:34:57 AM »
Which is what I was referring to in my post.  ;)

Oh I know.  In the full context of the comment, it was supposed to be an example of why a board owner can't post whatever s/he wants.  I didn't violate any rules of law either, which was katsfan's other example.   ;)

So, yes, the main topic in this thread is far removed from the issues of libel and rules of evidence.  And honestly, if the club thrives, isn't that a good thing for all its members?

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 02:36:14 AM »
So, has anybody gotten their Complete DS Music yet?

"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 11:12:52 PM »
Well, if anyone gets one please post here with descriptions of packaging etc. I can't wait to find out what it's like  [santa_cheesy]
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey