Author Topic: The Grass is Always Bloodier  (Read 2848 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
The Grass is Always Bloodier
« on: November 11, 2005, 10:02:10 AM »
It's a source of endless frustration to me, thinking about what horrific, blood-wrenching, gut-curdling supernatural phenomena may have been going on in the next town over from Collinwood.   Just maybe, wer're being ripped off, and don't know it.    Ever get that feeling?    So, maybe there's some burg just eight miles up US Route 1 or something, in the chilly wilds of Maine, where all the demonic action is.    Collinsport is Peoria by comparison.    What a gip.

Of course, if all TV shows took place quite near to each other, then we wouldn't have to go through all this paranoia about missing out on the very coolest in supernatural phenomena, that I'm sure I'm not alone in going through here, for Chrissakes.     If, say, Mayberry North Carolina, were positioned geographically about seven or eight miles up the pike from Collinsport, and if we occasionally heard remarks from the characters about goings-on with their less spooked relatives there, then people's concerns could be eased. 

Then again, easier said than done in my case.    I'd still be fearful that Nicholas Blair was somehow responsible for Aunt Bee's pickles.    Though, it'd be interesting to see Andy, Barney, and Gomer helping look in the woods for Chris Jennings.    Andy, don't give Barney more than one silver bullet, please.

By the by, there appears to be a set of disembodied Revolutionary-War-era trousers roaming mysteriously about my computer screen.   I suspect them to be Nat Forbes's.   Don't ask me how I know.    I was down on my luck, in need of doubloons.... anyhoo, somewhere around the end of the 18th century I lost my sanity owing to the resultant raging syphilis, and so I think I see pants bopping around my monitor.   It's a tragedy.   I brought it on myself, but care anyway.

I'm done now.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: The Grass is Always Bloodier
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 10:33:18 AM »
By the by, there appears to be a set of disembodied Revolutionary-War-era trousers roaming mysteriously about my computer screen. I suspect them to be Nat Forbes's.

MB, you naughty thing...here I am, pullin' an all-nighter (doing work, you wenches  ;D), and I happen to cruise over here and low and behold - Nathan Forbes tight, tight yellow breeches were popping...I mean...floating across my screen!   >:D  Its all part of the infamous clicking orgy that one can choose to participate in, in which one gains cures or curses after sucessfully hitting the bullsEYE, or in this case, the center of the good sailors pants.   ^-^

I dunno, its been a trying week and that made me smile. I nominate MB an honorary wench for that inspiring piece...of floaty.  >:D  :-*

p.s. And I have to say, the comments one sees after you stroke...I mean...click on said target are hilarious! O M G, I filled in the blanks right away...LOL

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 12:22:36 PM »
Well thanks, Heather.   Now that you let me know what it's all about, or a bit of it, I went for it and before I knew what the f was going on, I'd racked up 68 extra I'm Crappy points.    I'm a bad man.   I'm a very bad man.     I was able to conceal that from everyone up until now.   I'm pretty sure God was even in the dark on this one, that's just how good I am.

I have to say too that I'm not in the habit of clicking on men's pants usually.   They say everyone has a fantasy or two like that, and it gets lonely at a boy's summer camp, but....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 01:29:30 PM »
I'd still be fearful that Nicholas Blair was somehow responsible for Aunt Bee's pickles.    Though, it'd be interesting to see Andy, Barney, and Gomer helping look in the woods for Chris Jennings.    Andy, don't give Barney more than one silver bullet, please.

Magnus,

You KILL me.  Your posts are an unending source of confusion and wonderment to me.
I was just about to bemone the fact that I never experienced the floating trousers when low and behold...
they're floating around before me at this very moment.
I think I figured out the connection.  It's Veterans Day!  Is that it?

love
CLC

PS  HI Heather Baby!   :-*
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 01:37:11 PM »
Duh......

Yes, I couldn't resist and clicked the damned pants.
I was right -- Veterans Day.  It must be Nathan Forbes.

I got one of these new-fangled laser mouses (very nice).  And I must say, catching floating thingys is much easier than with the old-fashioned rolling ball mouses.

-CLC
VP/General Manager - Useless Posts, Inc.
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 04:08:36 PM »
 [thewave]
ROTFLOL!!!! You cracked me up!
Nicholas responsible for Aunt Bea's kerosene cucumbers!
Would have be good fun to have Barney, Flloyd and Goober
have their car break down in Collinsport. Maybe wander around
and have an adventure. lol
That would be great for Collinsport villiagers to be able to have a town near
that was weirder. Sort of like it's strange here, but have you been to
(fill in the blank)?!
Julianka

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 06:45:04 PM »
thanks, connie, julianka!     "Yes, I couldn't resist and clicked the damned pants."   Well, who among us can honestly say we haven't done exactly the same thing, at some point in our lives?    I confused myself, just then.

Thank God other people can see the wandering pants and it's not just me.     I'd really have hated it if it turned out this was my version of Fred Flinstone's Great Gazoo, or whatever the thing's name was, with the yellow pants just floating there whether the computer's on or not..... I'd be known as the Floating Yellow Pants Guy.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 09:38:39 PM »
Yes, I couldn't resist and clicked the damned pants.
I was right -- Veterans Day.  It must be Nathan Forbes.

Yes, indeed. Today's floaty is in honor of Veterans Day. Just my way of livening up the holiday in a somewhat, uh, unexpected way.  ;)  And it's a shot of Nathan, courtesy of Lela Swift, that was first shared on the forum in this topic:
I wonder what sort of message Lela Swift was trying to send with...

O M G, I filled in the blanks right away...LOL

If the word you supplied ended in the letter h, then you did indeed. Otherwise, start thinking a bit more.  [wink2]

As for the real point of this topic, I've always suspected that the citizens of Mayberry were far stranger than anyone who ever lived or even passed through Collinsport. I mean, just look at them!  [haironend]  How more frigtening can a group of individuals get?!  [wow]  [scrm]

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 11:00:25 PM »
Magnus,
You KILL me.  Your posts are an unending source of confusion and wonderment to me.

Me too...chortle.  ;)

PS  HI Heather Baby!   :-*
Hiya sweetie...come by and PM me sometime (gosh, that sounds dirty even though its not...lol)

O M G, I filled in the blanks right away...LOL

If the word you supplied ended in the letter h, then you did indeed. Otherwise, start thinking a bit more. [wink2]

^-^

I don't know what kind of wench you take me for, but yes, it did indeed end in the letter H...(FYI, when I posted that, I was in the middle of working on a big project for a *web* class...I hope you're happy!)   ;)

As for the real point of this topic, I've always suspected that the citizens of Mayberry were far stranger than anyone who ever lived or even passed through Collinsport. I mean, just look at them! [haironend] How more frigtening can a group of individuals get?! [wow] [scrm]

I dunno, I think the Leviathans would have a hell of a time in Mayberry...

Tongue-in-cheekingly,

Heather

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Fletcher

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 11:17:03 PM »
It's Friday, around 5:00 p.m.  These disembodied pants with the huge basket have been floating around on my computer all day.  Whew!  I think it's time for a date with myself.   :)

Is that Joel Crothers?  I mean is that REALLY Joel Crothers?   Was he famous around NYC in any physical way?   I bet living in the Village in the early-to-mid 1970s must have been quite interesting.  Hmmm.

Well, it's time for my date.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 11:17:49 PM »
I dunno, I think the Leviathans would have a hell of a time in Mayberry...

Are you trying to tell me that the Leviathans hadn't already taken over Mayberry? I would have sworn...
Are you telling me those were the people's real personalities? Now THAT is frightening!!  [shockeyes]

[b003]

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 11:28:36 PM »
    I'd really have hated it if it turned out this was my version of Fred Flinstone's Great Gazoo, or whatever the thing's name

LMAO!  If the pants start calling you "Dum Dum" you know you're in trouble.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 11:51:00 PM »
Oh my sweet Goddess, I just LOVE today's floaty!  I don't know, I usually don't have the time of day for that sort of thing, but there's something about that particular image that just ... jumps out at me, y'know?  I find myself really wanting to grab the goods everytime "it" floats by.  There's a warm toasty feeling to imagining my hand inside that buttoned seam gently laying fingers upon the deeply desired goal of Willie Loomis' dreams... somebody else's family jewels!

MB, you and the DS Boards are just FULL of surprises... and I salute you for it!

cheers, G.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 01:49:28 AM »
the deeply desired goal of Willie Loomis' dreams... somebody else's family jewels!

Oh My Sweet Goddess, Steve..............that's the hardest I've laughed in a month, easy.[lghy]

;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 04:12:22 AM »
I caught the pants last night and got a bunch of cures.
Julianka