Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0120  (Read 729 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0120
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:35:57 PM »

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0120
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 06:46:48 PM »
When David steals food for Matthew, we can see that the kitchen cabinets have curtain panels in the door frames. Mrs. Johnson's cigarettes are unfiltered, marking her as a member of the working class.

Matthew complains that David didn't bring him the brandy he promised. I didn't think you'd want it for breakfast, David replies.

Matthew goes to the Old Well to get Vicki some water--this was long before the days of bottled water. Vicki pleads with David to help her, but he's probably afraid she's a ghost. Then we see film of Matthew returning to the Old House, apparently carrying the water in his pockets.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »
these are the episodes where "master" david collins tells off "the help" for smoking while she works...

brilliant!
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:22:13 AM »
There is talk of the wind, the gulls, and the sea.  I notice these sound effects when the old house exterior is shown as it must be very close to the water, but how close we are not shown.
Vickie says she will help Matthew, but he blames her for all his troubles with her snooping and prying.
At the big house, David seems unconcerned that Vickie is missing. Mrs J prattles on about all the dire things that have probably happened to Vickie such as her body broken on the rocks and all the while she smokes like a chimney at the breakfast table.  While Mrs J is clanking around the breakfast dishes, David loads a big bag of food for Matthew and steals Mrs J.s cigarettes. Mrs. J who always has a comment on everything doesn't notice the bag he is holding while she talks to him. She does tell him it is his fault Vickie is missing.
Nice conversation for a boy's breakfast.
Matthew is cunnning enough to pretend he is just learning of the hidden and gagged Vickie when David tells him
David now feels guilty that she is missing and he is sure Roger has her.  Matthew leaves for some water and David returns with the cigarettes when he hears Vickie screaming from behind the wall.  Exciting stuff.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 08:48:28 AM »
Why does Vicky keep on arguing with Matthew?  Logic doesn't work with him, so all she's going to do is to irritate him further.  She's had the night to think about her situation.  She should know better by now.  Maybe we're supposed to see Vicky as being spunky at this point, but as usual I just see her as being spud-brained.

I checked Luciaphile to see if she agreed with me, but she was more interested in Matthew's irrationality.  Still, as always, she's fun to read.
Why Must I Be a Teenager in Love?  Episodes 119 & 120

When David picked up that pack of cigarettes, all I could think was, “Better him than me.”  I hate to touch them.