Author Topic: OT-Skip Ward has died  (Read 531 times)

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
OT-Skip Ward has died
« on: August 05, 2003, 05:55:46 PM »
And just who is Skip Ward, anyway? ??? Well, you Grayson fans and movie buffs will recognize Skip Ward as the hunk who played the bus driver in Night of the Iguana (and got a bigger billing than Grayson.)

According to Daily Variety he passed away at the age of 69 on June 27, 2003 after a long illness. It seems he had mostly gotten out of acting and had been an associate producer of TV shows, including "The Dukes of Hazzard."

With his passing I can think of only two NOTI actors who are still with us--Sue Lyon and Deborah Kerr.

On a slightly related topic, on the latest DS DVD Roger Davis mentions being a good friend of Hampton Fancher III. He was Sue Lyons boyfriend and  accompanied  her on the shoot of NOTI. Grayson,  Burton and others supposedly got pissed at these two for constantly making out during filming.

Bette
Life works if you let it

ClaudeNorth

Re:OT-Skip Ward has died
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 09:09:56 PM »
Thank you for this bit of information!  "Skip" Ward also acted under the name James Ward.  He is part of the ensemble cast of Howard Hawks' 1965 racing car melodrama, RED LINE 7000.  This film is usually regarded as one of Hawks' worst films, but I absolutely love it.  Other cast members include James Caan and George Takei.

I might be wrong, but I think Ward also popped up on an episode of BATMAN, as a henchman to one of the Special Guest Villains.

Regards,

John