Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0651  (Read 1411 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0651
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:04:21 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0651
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 11:48:01 PM »
Great, Elizabeth is back on her being buried alive fear. Just what I wanted to see. [hall2_rolleyes]

I rather enjoy the intersection between Joe and Amy. He gives her the attention that Chris is unable to give her. Too bad [spoiler] we're nearing the end of the Joe Haskell character and the departure of Joel Crothers altogether. [/spoiler]

Also liked watching Joe let Chris have it for neglecting Amy. I understand why Chris can't be able to devote much of his time to Amy, but I also understand why Joe is so angry at his cousin. He's in the dark about Chris' secret. Of course, [spoiler] that will change soon enough. [/spoiler]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:53:48 AM »
IluvBarnabas, you may understand why Chris can't devote much of his time to Amy, but I don't.  The moon isn't full for very many days of the month.  What is Chris doing the rest of the time?  Amy mentioned her hope that once he got a job he would spend more time with her, so he's not working.  Maybe he's job-hunting, but I doubt it.  I think mostly he's just stewing about his situation.

Amy obviously didn't say a word to Joe about Quentin.  It's not surprising; apparently Joe didn't pay much attention to Amy until Tom died.  If Chris spent more time with Amy, would she tell him about Quentin?

There was a weird greenish hue to the mausoleum today.  Meanwhile, Elizabeth's dress, which appeared turquoise to me on Friday, today looked green to me.

Elizabeth's obsession with death and with being buried alive is a strange, capricious thing, isn't it?  Now you see it, now you don't.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 11:01:16 PM »
What Amy said she hoped for was that Chris would settle down and find the right job.  So he may be working, but not at anything permanent or fulfilling.  Which makes sense, because what architecture firm would hire him with his condition?  (Hours available:  Daytime only, with 4 fixed vacation days per moon cycle)

To explain Elizabeth's condition, Dr. Julia seems to have introduced a new disorder-- Post Traumatic Curse Resumption.  In PTCR, a patient witnesses one too many traumatic events, which jump starts the curse placed by a now-dead witch or warlock.  I'm sure it got the attention of the New England Journal of Medicine back in the day.  [hall2_grin]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 03:49:37 AM »
To explain Elizabeth's condition, Dr. Julia seems to have introduced a new disorder-- Post Traumatic Curse Resumption.  In PTCR, a patient witnesses one too many traumatic events, which jump starts the curse placed by a now-dead witch or warlock.  I'm sure it got the attention of the New England Journal of Medicine back in the day.  [hall2_grin]

[stfl] [laughing4]

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 04:09:11 AM »
Quote from: Midnite

LMAO!  That was good! And I needed the  [8_1_202]

Now to the review!  Poor Elizabeth is still consumed with death.  Bless her heart!  It's also~~ANNOYING!  I love seeing JF and JB do scenes together, they are both amazing actors. Seeing Don Briscoe always makes me wish he could have been a big part of DS fandom.[hall2_sad]
Nice shot of Barnabas and Julia in the window.  Julia touches Barnabas' arm and consoles him!  Bless her heart!  Poor Julia! 

I wish the[spoiler] writers could have just let Joe ride off into the sunset instead sending him to everyone's favorite resort crazy getaway! LOL   [/spoiler]

The smoke at the cemetery was very eerie and nice with JB and DN. The music, the production values, are going up so high.  I love this time period during DS!  JB looks gorgeous as usual.  She was just a lovely woman and she is playing her part so good in the ridiculous experiment called DS!  [128]

For once Julia is being stingy with her sedatives! LOL I think this needs a Milestone Emerald Rose!  The makeup looking really good on the ole Wolfie today! [Wolfie]

Not my favorite episode, but not my least favorite!   [BOO]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 04:33:25 AM »
I really enjoyed the performances in this one. The whole cast seemed prepared and together for this DS outing. Nice touches in the scenes where Julia consoles but talks turkey to a forlorn Barnabas, Barnabas consoles a somber Liz, Joe berates a tortured Chris, and with the steady action throughout (disappearing mistresses and children, foggy cemeteries, premature burial obsessions, restless werewolves, child neglect, fallout from vanishing governesses), this would be one of those episodes to get a virgin DSer started on the road to Collins craziness. Much is happening.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 10:14:41 AM »
For once Julia is being stingy with her sedatives! LOL I think this needs a Milestone Emerald Rose!
LOL! You're right, Taeylor! Here it is! [milestone]

I love Amy's green color-coordinated outfit! Everything was green except her tights. Elizabeth's dress was pretty, too. [hall_smiley]

I agree that it was a sweet scene when Julia touched Barnabas' arm while she was trying to console him. I felt sorry for her, though, because she was in love with him, and all he could do was be forlorn about Vicki's disappearance.  [love9]

Poor Chris was at his wits end! I felt sorry for him, too. He was really trying hard to avoid the change when he asked Julia for some sleeping pills. It was frustrating for him to not be able to reach her. One of my pet peeves is waiting for someone to call me back on the phone; sometimes they never call back.  [hall_angry]

It was nice to see that Amy and Joe had gone to see a movie. They had a nice rapport together. I don't blame Joe for  admirably confronting Chris about his inattention to Amy. Joe left Chris's room in the nick of time; he just missed seeing the change. [hall_wink]

This whole thing with Elizabeth and death is just as tiring as watching Adam when he got so obnoxious.  It's weird that the spell still affected Elizabeth, when Cassandra/Angelique were gone. I guess the fact that Angelique was just in the underworld, and not really dead, causes the spell to sometimes still be active.  [hall2_tongue]

When I watched DS during its original run, I remember that I used to believe that the full moon lasted more than one night. Years later, when I finally understood the moon phases, I was surprised to learn that, technically, the moon is only full for one night. [hall2_shocked] Evidently, on DS, the werewolf changes during the night or two before and after the full moon, as well as on the actual full moon. Have the writers made a mistake - is that another DS blooper? Do the otherwerewolves in movies, etc. change on more than one night, too? [hall_huh]

It was sad to see that Amy was so scared of the moon, and didn't know why. Also sad was when Amy had to witness Elizabeth having a "near-death episode" in the mausoleum. Amy seemed to be mature for her age in her reaction, though.

Great episode! Lots going on, and all actors were fabulous.

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »
I imagine that the Moon is so close to being technically full the day before and after that it's basically the same thing.   My astronomy interest always leapfrogged past the boring old Moon to the stars though.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 03:42:46 AM »
The frustration that Julia must feel. Barnabas can be so clueless. I didn't like that fact that he blamed Jeff/Peter. Stuff like that makes me want to slap Barnabas upside his head.

I am getting sad because [spoiler]I know Joe last days are coming...[/spoiler]

[devil2]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 10:58:39 PM »
Barnabas many times had a problem with seeing what was right in front of him. He just couldn't admit that Vickie didn't love him the way that he wanted her to.

Sometimes I think that Julia was too smart for Barnabas.

Chris should have spent more time with his sister. I just think that he didn't want to. In many ways he was very self centered. Maybe Amy and David might not have reached out to Quentin if their family had paid attention to them more.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate