Author Topic: Favorite/Lease Favorite Names on DS?  (Read 6330 times)

Offline sheenasma

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
Re: Favorite/Lease Favorite Names on DS?
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2002, 08:16:16 PM »
Guess I am in the minority here, but I hate both Angelique and Josette.  Angelique sounds like a stripper, and Josette like something some snooty, couldn'tya just slap her in the face, self absorbed bitch would have.

Quentin is a totally cool name 8), but for my favorites I would have to go with the very basic Elizabeth and Christopher.

Nancy
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2002, 08:58:42 PM »
Ah....a kindred spirit.  I always thought both those names were stupid. French names always sound stupid unless they are pronounced with a French accent and I don't recall anyone ever doing a French accent on the show....did they?

The only name I ever REALLY liked on the whole show...I mean liked enough to consider giving to a child, was.....Will.  Not Willie or William (or Billy or Bill)...just Will.

But I never had a son and I gave my daughter a different boy's name.  ;)

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Daphne

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2002, 04:31:24 AM »
Ah....a kindred spirit.  I always thought both those names were stupid. French names always sound stupid unless they are pronounced with a French accent and I don't recall anyone ever doing a French accent on the show....did they?

AHHHH YES!!!! Vicki pronounced "josette" the french way allllllll the freaking time!!!! OMGGGGGG It was soooo so so so so so annoying! Drove me up a wall! OMG I've written e-mail rants on that! "SHOZETTE" AHHHHH!!! NOOOOOO *covers ears* Bad memory! BAD BAD!!!!! Eeeeeeeevil!!! LOL I think French names are soooo pretty tho. Vicki pronouncing is "properly" was just really annoying, tho!! GRRRRR [vryangy]

Tripwire ascribed:
ooops, no offense meant daph ;D  hey, i kid you not, there is a sign down the road for a real estate agent, and her name is Dorcas Head! mom must have be angry.. as a matter of fact, there is a bunch of heads that live down the road, and i know the postman that delivers all the mail around here..

I'm just kidding, tripwire ^_^ I'm not offended. I think I'd get a legal name change if my name were Dorcus Head. Her mother must have been REEEEEEEEEALLY mad. Long labor or something ... lol  ;)  ;D

~Daph
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2002, 04:42:43 AM »
AHHHH YES!!!! Vicki pronounced "josette" the french way allllllll the freaking time!!!! OMGGGGGG It was soooo so so so so so annoying! Drove me up a wall!

[lghy]....well, THAT explains it.  I never paid attention to anything Vicki ever said!!

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas