Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0937  (Read 1724 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0937
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:24:30 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0937
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:33:54 AM »
I could summon up no comments on this one, except... Megan come back!   at least everyone has caught up with me, and I can watch some more.... let's see if Jeb's as irritating as he was in my previous viewings.   I am imagining Jeb getting a whim to be Michael again and changing back...!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 05:44:58 AM »
1/27/70

YAY….Grayson day! ;)  Was David H. really hurt or was it just part of the role!?? 

Well it's official! Jebez is a true hippie! Wearing the same outfit over and over!  HEE

Poor Barney, I really feel sorry for him which is what the I think the writers are shooting for.  They are trying to draw the audience back in!  Now how did David get to town in that wheel chair?  Chauffeur perhaps?? 

Nice scene between Barnabas and Maggie!  Great ending! Finally Barnabas is gonna tell Julia…..EVERYTHING!! BOM BOM BOM!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 06:14:59 AM »
Was David H. really hurt or was it just part of the role!??

He really did break his leg-- a skiing accident.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 06:56:36 AM »
Now how did David get to town in that wheel chair?
I believe it's pretty much all downhill from Collinwood to Collinsport.  My question is: how did David stop the wheelchair when he got to the bottom?

The Protector of the Baby has had his leg broken by the Baby.  Gratitude is not Jeb's strong point.

I, meanwhile, am grateful to the writers for finessing the standard gasp-the-coffin’s-empty scene and cutting straight to Julia confronting Barnabas.  After all, the viewers knew there was no way Michael could be in the coffin.  Meanwhile, where was Quentin while Julia was going to Collinwood?  Hurrying back to the Collinsport Inn to list the coffin on EBay?

Naturally Jeb's rundown of people to be eliminated has Gilbert & Sullivan running through my head.  "As someday it may happen that a victim must be found, I've got a little list - I've got a little list!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 06:58:54 AM »
Quote from: Midnite
He really did break his leg-- a skiing accident.

Hence how contrived it seems... though with a little tweaking, it could have made for a good demonstration of how much of a sadistic, manipulative, loose cannon Jeb was.   I think it's probably a personality type that really exists, someone who gets off on dishing out "godlike" vengeance and benevolence whenever the mood hits him, with no fear of judgment.   It confirms their image of themselves as godlike:  good, yet all-powerful and capable of wrath.   And if you sometimes dish out random "vengeance" for no cause, you keep people fearful and off balance and therefore powerless, and then being kind and merciful only confuses things more (as when Jeb visits David and gives him his watch, which he doesn't even want!).   Those under his control "don't know which way to jump".

They really should have made it a more direct assault than Jeb's merely jumping out of the bushes, which wouldn't necessarily have done anything to David other than surprising him.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 10:56:49 AM »
Somewhere along the line I was sure I had heard about David H. really getting hurt, I just wanted it confirmed! :) THANKS Midnite!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 07:28:08 PM »
Now how did David get to town in that wheel chair?
I believe it's pretty much all downhill from Collinwood to Collinsport.
It's all downhill in every direction once they return from 1897.  [snow_grin]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 03:27:43 AM »
A little late, but lol, MsCriseyde!

Jeb adds one more detail to his dialogue from the last ep about Friday's wedding between Carolyn and him-- it will take place in his room!  Isn't that every little girl's dream, sigh?  Being given away by her weird cousin to a tall, handsome man in an empty, boarded-up room above her workplace.  It's so beautiful that I think I'm going to cry!

Barnabas:  "Remember, according to the book, she must want you. She cannot be forced."
Jeb:  "Force means one thing to you, Mr. Collins, and another to me."
Call Brides Magazine!  The ceremony is sounding dreamier by the minute.

Barnabas:  "But Collinwood is not my house."
Jeb:  "No, it's mine. I've seen to that. And you will do that or I will go to Mrs. Stoddard."
Liz let you have her house, took in her ex in service to the cause, wants her daughter converted... but oh, when she finds out she wasn't invited to the wedding, there will be hell to pay!!

Jeb to Barnabas:  "Think of Josette, with Oberon and Haza standing over her. Haza can be much more cruel that I ever dreamed of."
How could anybody be worse than Jeb, who terrorizes women and children and would kill his own followers for no good reason, even a little girl?  (Haza doesn't give her victims a watch after she tortures them? [winkb])

Jeb to David:  "Remember that radio that your father picked up in Boston for you? You gave that to me when I was Michael."
Actually, you were Alexander.  But please don't break my leg for correcting you.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 05:20:00 AM »
Actually, you were Alexander.  But please don't break my leg for correcting you.

ROFLMAO! That was good one Midnite! :)  [snow_cheesy]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 03:26:13 AM »
I was wondering where the elevator was in Collinwood? Maybe there where wheel chairs upstairs and downstairs.

I had a thought of someone pushing David from set to set. :)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 02:55:56 AM »
Jeb was a real prick, causing David to fall and break his leg. It's one thing to force the kid to give him a radio or let him win at board games, but to cause physical harm...it seems to me that the older the Leviathan 'chosen one' grew, the more sadistic and cruel he got. A watch IMO isn't a much of a 'let me make it up to you' gesture.

Jeb is excellent on holding onto grudges as well. He still wants to do away with Maggie (and I bet he would have done just that when, as Michael, he set her up to be lost in that maze behind her room had he not thought to use her as a weapon to dispose of Philip), with Amy (apparently he still hasn't forgiven her for taking that picture or teasing him about having a crush on Carolyn when he was Alexander),  and with Julia who has been suspicious of him throughout all his incarnations. Jeb wants to kill just because he can. Yes, he's a cheap insufferable pig at this point, but he's a bloodthirsty cheap insufferable pig.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 02:59:28 AM »
That reminds me, are you going to have a floating pigs, maybe I missed the day.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 03:00:27 AM »
I have no idea...MB or Midnite would be the people to ask.