Author Topic: Louis Edmonds like you've never seen him before.  (Read 6643 times)

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Louis Edmonds like you've never seen him before.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 04:02:55 AM »
I'm with you!!! I think he looked great! Shake that moneymaker, Louis!!!!! ;D
And in the end...the love you take..is equal to the love you make.

David

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 05:54:12 PM »
Louis showed me the stripper video in the 90s, shortly after he appeared in my film Next Year in Jerusalem.

That footage never aired.
It was shot at Ruth Warrick's on set 70th birthday party at All My Children.
They were just having fun, and reportedly, Ruth LOVED it!

David

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 06:30:34 PM »

I loved it too!!!!

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 12:49:02 AM »

I loved it too!!!!
==================================
Me too! Go Louis! I love it when so called "older folks" break the barriers and show they still have it no matter the age! Looks like they had good fun-more power to 'em! [cheer] [cheer]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 01:36:54 AM »
Me too! Go Louis! I love it when so called "older folks" break the barriers and show they still have it no matter the age! Looks like they had good fun-more power to 'em! [cheer] [cheer]

Amen to that! [confused_ani] [clap]

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 04:23:26 AM »

Amen to that! [confused_ani] [clap]
I'm so happy to see people saying this. Changing subjects slightly, I've been reading various online reactions to Tell Me You Love Me. David Selby and Jane Alexander had a bedroom scene in the most recent episode, and some of the negative responses to people over 60 having sex on television have just baffled me.  ::)

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

David

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 08:48:11 AM »
This thread reminds me of a line from the film South Pacific, the first movie I ever saw.

The Seargent to Lt. Joe Cable:
"I myself am over 50, and I am by no means through!!!"

David

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 04:14:21 PM »
I'm so happy to see people saying this. Changing subjects slightly, I've been reading various online reactions to Tell Me You Love Me. David Selby and Jane Alexander had a bedroom scene in the most recent episode, and some of the negative responses to people over 60 having sex on television have just baffled me.  ::)

Really God forbid that. Usually they get cast as someones grandfather/grandmother wearing a cardigan sweater playing golf or sitting at the breakfast nook with a coffee cup. Or the dreaded depends commerical. Those two are two very good looking people too. Who in their right mind would have a problem with that?
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 04:53:08 PM »
Who in their right mind would have a problem with that?

Probably the immature people who are in denial that their parents (and grandparents) have sex.  ::)

David

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 05:54:05 PM »
Probably the immature people who are in denial that their parents (and grandparents) have sex.  ::)

;D
my parents had sex?
YUCK!
(well I do have a brother, so I guess they did it at least twice!)

David

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007, 07:13:36 PM »
     Poor Roger got none but this adonis in the video got some and then some more!!!
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 07:36:13 PM »

[rocket]  to this week's Best Week Ever.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 10:13:45 PM »
[rocket]  to this week's Best Week Ever.
Ok, I have to admit that I did laugh at that, but only because the show is supposed to be comedy/satire. It's the people who say the same stuff completely seriously who scare me.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 05:19:08 AM »
Not to go 100 miles off-topic (maybe we need a special "Tell Me You Love Me" thread)....  But regarding the TMYLM reviews, there's some irony that "Feast Of Love", in which Ms. Alexander is playing another 60-something wife (to Morgan Freeman), was criticized by our local reviewer for NOT being explicit ENOUGH (for an R-rated film, anyway:)

http://www.connpost.com/moviereview/ci_7006299

QUOTE:  "Feast of Love" examines the balance of sex and love in romantic relationships. Advance reports and the movie's trailer indicated that this would be a much more frank approach to sex than we've seen before in a mainstream Hollywood film.  But, after last year's "Shortbus" and the current HBO series "Tell Me You Love Me," Benton's handling of the nudity and sex scenes seems hopelessly old-fashioned.

Indeed, it is amusing to compare what Alexander does in the Benton film with her rather shocking performance as a sex therapist on the new HBO series.

The 75-year-old Benton ends up looking like an old fogey with his reliance on strategically placed sheets and unintentionally amusing, "Austin Powers"-style camera angles (shots that appear to have been designed by engineers to oh-so-carefully obscure the ensemble's naughty bits).---   Joe Meyers

I've been reading this reviewer for many years, and he ALWAYS seems to want more "naughty bits."   For a variety of reasons I don't intend to see either TMYLM or FoL anyway.   I get a lot more embarrassed now by that sort of thing now than when I was younger, go figure.  Give me DS or loud action movies or fantasy cycles, etc. etc.

"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007, 07:31:14 PM »
Ok, I have to admit that I did laugh at that, but only because the show is supposed to be comedy/satire. It's the people who say the same stuff completely seriously who scare me.

I hear you, but why not go against the flow by declaring that "old people having sex" (their words) was having the Best Week Ever instead of grouping it with the antics of Oprah (that did make me laugh) and Margaret Cho and naming them all mood killers?

But really, Selby as "old man"?  As a friend mentioned, he and Harrison Ford are the same age, so the problem the media has is likely in the pairing of the former (Selby) with a woman his own age and not the latter (Ford) with women 20+ years younger.  Clearly, it does not consider HF an old man, or LucasFilm would not have cast him in the final adventure of Indiana Jones.

Anyway, D Friedlander, there actually is a topic dedicated to Tell Me You Love Me on this board, and more in the archived Calendar boards.