Author Topic: Johnny Depp In Concert (Was Re: It's official: Dark Shadows returns...)  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Johnny Deep took the stage last night with his old band, THE KIDS, in Pompano Beach Florida.  I know this isn't directly related to the movie however I thought some of you guys may want to see him in all his hotness!!  :)  I swear he is ageless.  I want to know his secret!!  Source PEREZHILTON.com  (who I don't really like, but he always gets the scoop on stuff like this)  As for straight out gossip I cannot stand that crap.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Johnny Depp In Concert
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 11:32:51 PM »
Actually, forum policy is to link to sites rather than post their photos here (respecting their copyright and all that). But thankfully there are plenty of sites featuring photos of Depp from his concert, so there's no need to go to places like the above mentioned site. For instance, check out johnnydepponline.net and click on the thumbnails in both the "RECENT IMAGES" and "August 30th, 2008: Gallery Update" sections to see the larger images.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 01:09:06 AM »
Thanks MB.  I hate to cause you guys extra work and have noted the copyright thing.  I didn't think it was a big deal as Perez doesn't have his right click save disabled.  Anyhow, thanks for the link to that website as I hadn't ran across it before.

EDIT:  Indeed thank for the link.  SHEW MARY, that man is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 02:48:20 AM »
Johnny Deep took the stage last night with his old band, THE KIDS, in Pompano Beach Florida.  I know this isn't directly related to the movie however I thought some of you guys may want to see him in all his hotness!!  :)  I swear he is ageless.

I think I mentioned that I was gonna be there, and I was!  On Friday, I got to meet the man, shake hands (okay, sorta cuddle up a bit  [ghost_wink] )  and spend a moment thanking him for all the pleasure he brought his fans by playing with his old band.  I just can't get over how amazingly sincere the guy is, and he looks you straight in the eyes and thanks *you* for coming.  Unbelievable.  All my brain cells were erased when he spoke to me, and I didn't get the chance to ask about DS.  I had hoped to summon the courage to ask on Sat., but alas, he left the venue immediately after the show on Sat. and did not get to stop to meet fans.  Can't blame the guy- the shows both ended at 2 a.m.!  Anyway, I'm still hoping for some DS news or tidbits this fall...

Cathy

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 08:44:48 AM »
YOU LUCKY GIRL!  He looked HOT in that muscle shirt!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 10:44:58 PM »
Just in case anyone is interested, the johnnydeppreads site has gathered some YouTube videos and a few more photos from the concert.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 08:53:53 PM »
Leave it to TMZ to go this route - but this video: Johnny Depp Tastes Man-Breath plays into the discussion that was going on in the following topic and specifically referred to in this post:
As far as homoeroticism, I don't know what the script would entail, but I have no doubt that Johnny would have no problem biting a man's neck and making it look sexy.  He's cool that way!  And I'm a straight woman but I would definitely not mind such a scene!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Johnny Depp In Concert (Was Re: It's official: Dark Shadows returns...)
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 11:57:48 PM »
TMZ blows everything out of the water!  I hate all these stupid sites.  Anyhow...Johnny looked like he was just having silly fun to me.  Makes him all the cooler in my eyes. 

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Re: Johnny Depp In Concert (Was Re: It's official: Dark Shadows returns...)
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 01:23:20 AM »
Bruce Witkin, on the left, is one of Johnny's best friends, and they've known each other since ~1980.  Bruce was the one who produced Johnny's vocals for Sweeney Todd, by the way.  There was nothing but fun, plus sincere affection, in the gesture, but I think TMZ is homophobic  [ghost_sad] 

Cathy