Author Topic: Funny DS 1967 storyline review blog  (Read 960 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Funny DS 1967 storyline review blog
« on: January 16, 2009, 12:26:13 AM »
I stumbled upon this via Google while looking for some shots of Magda for a friend's project.  If you enjoy a certain kind of dry, offkey humor, maybe you'll find this board as funny as I did.  It's this guy named James in London watching the 1967 DVDs and writing his own little synopsis/reviews of what happens:

http://www.soapchat.net/showthread.php?t=142843&page=4

He uses catchphrases for a number of the players--Liz is Joan Bennett (well, of course), Julia is "Dr. Tootsie", Carolyn is Groovy Sixties Girl, Willie is referred to as Harvey something or other (from Karlen's work on Cagney & Lacey), etc.

Here's a typical snippet:

"I cannot permit you to continue your existence!" Barnabas tells Dr Tootsie, but then she tells him she's been working on
this great new diet plan that could cure him of his vampirism. He's interested for a while, but then decides to kill her
anyway. That's when she tells him she's treating Maggie the Dead Waitress and that sooner or later Maggie will recover
her memory and blow the whistle on him, unless she is alive to stop her! That Dr Tootsie--she's so nuts.

cheers, G.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Funny DS 1967 storyline review blog
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 12:47:34 AM »
Great link, G! This guy's really got a way with words -

"...he explains rather insanely, and even more insanely, she seems to buy this explanation. Anyway, this scene goes on for ages and then Victoria has another scene which also goes on for ages in which she tells the blonde 60s chick everything that's just happened in the previous scene, and I'm finding it hard to remember..."

- DS in a nutshell?  [gring]
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 02:31:59 AM »
FUNNY!!!

"Someone keeps trying to eat all the waitresses and cattle in Collinwood."

I remember James from London! He was a very prevalent poster on a Knots Landing forum where I used to lurk. I think that's the same forum, or what it's morphed into. Very well spoken (written?) and funny guy. Thanks for sharing, G.
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 12:20:03 PM »
I laughed and laughed, all the way through.

"The Weird Kid's prissy father keeps threatening to spank him."

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 12:26:08 PM »
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 05:44:48 PM »
Clicking the post # at the top right of the board messages provides a url to that individual post.  While we usually prefer links to items in context, links to view a single post is preferred over quoting entire posts here.  Thanks!