Author Topic: Welcome Back, Elizabeth Eis!  (Read 821 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Welcome Back, Elizabeth Eis!
« on: November 06, 2003, 06:37:23 PM »
It's great to see Elizabeth Eis back on the scene. Of all the actors that DS used often but only for small parts, Eis is my favorite. She always seemed to make a strong impression, no matter if her character merely appeared in one episode (Nelle Gunston in Leviathans) or several (Buffie Harrington in 1970PT). I just wish the DS PTP might have given Eis at least one more substantial role.  :)  But I'm still grateful that they chose to use her as frequently as they did.  [thumb]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Welcome Back, Elizabeth Eis!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 04:17:26 AM »
Of all the "supporting" characters in the PT1970 story, Buffy was my favorite.  There were many, many times when I would actually rewind and watch the scenes with her over and over again.  And she was the only character I think in virtually all of Dark Shadows who had a television.

Elizabeth Eis will always remain one of my favorites among the "lesser" of DS's many fine performers.

Gerard

Offline danfling

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 04:30:41 AM »
I really enjoyed Elizabeth Eis too!

I only remembered her as Buffy.    I never noticed her in the Leviathan storyline.

She was really a favorite actress of mine back in the days of the original run!

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 08:33:11 PM »
   :D  I think Elizabeth was one of DS's underrated "day players." My exroommate was very taken with her and wrote to her and got a very nice reply, thanking her for remembering her. I asked Chris Pennock about her once and he said something like, "Dear Liz is a great actress who just never had a lot of luck."
  I heard she attended one DS show but was asked few questions. I would love to see her at a show.

CyrusL (okay I'm biased) aka Mike

PS I would really love to meet Julianka (mmrrowww!!!) if my wife would let me.   :-* 
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul