Author Topic: More than one Sci Fi channel?/OT  (Read 1010 times)

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
More than one Sci Fi channel?/OT
« on: February 04, 2003, 10:45:45 PM »
I hope someone can help,

I spoke with a couple ladies I work with about Dark Shadows because they watched it as kids as did I.

I advised them that here in Arizona it's on the Sci Fi channel from 6-7AM.  One tried to watch it last week and the other this morning and both said that a Paid Advertising show was on at this time.  Now I have Direct TV and they have Cox cable but would that matter? They would both love to watch it again as it's been over thirty years since they've seen it.  I know it was on from 6-7 this morning because I watched/taped it.

In the schedule that gets posted here it always matches with what I get.  It states that Dark Shadows is currently on from 8-9AM Eastern time and 5-6AM Pacific.  That is exactly right because right now it's on from 6-7 and when Daylight Savings hits in April it will be on from 5-6 because Arizona does not change their clocks.

So why are they not receiving it from 6-7 on their Cable.  It would seem to me that it would be the same no matter if one has Direct TV or Cox Cable.

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Murph

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: More than one Sci Fi channel?/OT
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 11:09:05 PM »
Murph, this may sound obvious, but are you sure they turned on the Sci Fi Channel, and not just the number channel YOU get it on?  Here, I get Sci Fi on channel 48, on Cablevision.  Others on Long Island, who also get Cablevision and get Sci Fi get it on a different channel number.

My brother and I used to make each other nuts telling each other to turn on this or that channel when they didn't match up!!

hope it's that simple!
rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 12:07:46 AM »
Murph,  I checked the listing for Cox Cable in Phoenix on tvguide.com, and it said that Dark Shadows airs on SciFi (channel 50) from 9-10am.  

If this still isn't right, try going to the tvguide.com website yourself and click on TV Listings at the upper left.  Just follow the instructions and you should be able to figure out when it comes on.

Hope this helps. :)
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 12:13:23 AM »
Murph, this may sound obvious, but are you sure they turned on the Sci Fi Channel, and not just the number channel YOU get it on?  Here, I get Sci Fi on channel 48, on Cablevision.  Others on Long Island, who also get Cablevision and get Sci Fi get it on a different channel number.  rainey

Same here in upstate NY. Depending upon which cable system that services your area, Scifi can be seen on Channel 36, 46, 53 or 57. If you have Digital Cable, that channel is 109/48. I see it on Channel 53.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 12:46:45 AM »
I've been trying to get my friend to watch DS but she claims that it wasnt on. she told me it was the scifi channel but it didn't look like it was DS.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 01:46:57 AM »
Murph,  I checked the listing for Cox Cable in Phoenix on tvguide.com, and it said that Dark Shadows airs on SciFi (channel 50) from 9-10am.

Parts of Arizona get Sci-Fi's Eastern Feed (DS on from 6-7am), while others get the Western Feed (DS on from 9-10am). When DS is on depends on what feed each individual cable company is picking up. ;)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 12:47:02 PM »
I hope the local cable company isn't preempting that time slot to run its own stuff (usually infomercials).  When I lived in Alaska, the local company did that with the Sci-Fi Channel (among others), but usually only in the wee hours of the morning, from maybe two to five or six a.m.  Often, it would just break in in the middle of something, and end just as abruptly.  The guy pushing Waxonizer or whatever would vanish, to be replaced by the crew of the Seaview on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea fighting some monster in a rubber suit.  

Gerard

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003, 01:47:15 PM »

Same here in upstate NY. Depending upon which cable system that services your area, Scifi can be seen on Channel 36, 46, 53 or 57. If you have Digital Cable, that channel is 109/48. I see it on Channel 53.

And along with that they're always changing the channels around. Here, we use to have Sci-Fi on channel 48 and now they've changed it to 96!

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"