Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0942  (Read 1214 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0942
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:04:15 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0942
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 02:46:23 AM »
Davenport VO?   Aaaa!  Bruno!   Leviathans start converging on Collinsport....   

The writers must have been thinking of as many ways for KLS to get locked up someplace as they could... Don't tell me they weren't laughing whenever they did it to her yet one more time!   It was actually scary when Maggie was told to contemplate her immediate future as corpse then zombie.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 03:21:42 AM »
I misplaced some more reviews...ugh....so I am finally back today.  I have enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on the last few eps!

2/3/70

KLS is painted to high heaven with some serious false eyelashes going on.  I love it though.  Makeup, lashes, hair all that stuff is great to me.   I pay a lot of attention to it. 

YAY! Our first look @ Micheal Stroka who I have heard was a lovely lovely guy.  I should have gotten to a fests years ago!   [snow_sad]  And speaking of someone being painted....whew does Bruno have the makeup on.  All the guys besides Thayer as Stokes  seem to be painted heavily!  I am sure that has to do with a lot of people working on DS probably coming from the theater!  I don't know much about how Vincent got his start or much about him period.  Bruno has always reminded me of the Dark Shadows Liberace.  HA  And Barnabas is contoured like crazy….sorry for rambling this is a makeup artist thing.   

A Loyal Leviathan huh?  LOL

The book also reminds me of a Grimorire! 

I have come to the conclusion that the Collins family has to have a chauffeur to take David back and forth into between the house and the town.

I know many think it’s a contrivance of plot but I like the whole wolf being an enemy of the Leviathan leader. 

I also like zombie’s so its great to see one in action on DS.   This episode flowed very well with good writing, good acting and no major bloopers! J
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:14:39 AM »
Davenport VO?
Ed Riley did a very good job, I thought.

The writers must have been thinking of as many ways for KLS to get locked up someplace as they could.
Yes, and there's more to come.  I was thinking today that I couldn't blame Kathryn Leigh Scott for leaving Dark Shadows.  I was also thinking that if it were Carolyn in the crypt I would have been fine with it.  It's always a pleasure to hear Nancy Barrett scream.

Was that fur coat of Bruno's previously worn by Olivia Corey?  He looked pretty strange in it.

At this point, Michael Stroka is playing roughly the same function that he did when Aristede arrived in Collinsport in 1897: a joker introduced into the Collinsport pack, just when things were getting a little too cozy.  Wouldn't it have been fun to see him play a Collins born and bred!

It seemed possible to me that the book Jeb was looking at when Bruno came into the antique shop for the first time was a uniform edition Georgette Heyer.  The color looked about right, and the thing on the front cover might have been GH.  But probably not.  Jeb would have been so much nicer if he had taken a Regency Romance hero as his role model.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 10:16:10 PM »
I love this capture. It looks like Jeb is having one of Alexander's tantrums:

But then, emotionally Jeb hasn't exactly matured beyond Alexander. One of the dangers of growing up so fast...

And I love the way Bruno is looking at him.  [snow_cheesy]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 10:30:30 PM »
MB. this is truly priceless and beyond words hysterical--on every level!

It's like Martin Scorcese visits Collinsport.  Oh, the unbridled rage!  the steaming levels of testorone!

I'm loving the dreadful symphony of horrid fabrics represented by Bruno's ranch poodle jacket, Jeb's nightmarishly textured sweater, and the hair of both men, especially Jeb's raging carrot-top coiffure.

Unspeakably evil!

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 07:13:18 AM »
The opening slide of Collinwood is backwards again.

Were there no wolves in that part of the country in 1970?

Is this how Bruno extracts information from a woman?  He yells at her to tell him what she knows, holds a knife in the vicinity of her throat for a few seconds, and after listening to her sputter a little, gives up?  He made a speech about how he wouldn't hesitate to kill and got permission to get rid of Maggie once he got what he wanted, so there was no need to be gentle with her, but the only effective thing he did was, as Magnus said, scare her with words and then he reported back that he "tried everything, nothing did any good."  Anyway, I know I'm more familiar with the sadistic Aristede, who apparently carried his mutilation devices with him on the road and had no qualms about knocking a woman unconscious, but as an enforcer (his animal cruelty aside), Bruno seems to be all talk and no action.

Regarding his face makeup, could the intent have been that he had gypsy blood?  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we ever learn this Bruno's last name.

Was that fur coat of Bruno's previously worn by Olivia Corey?

Don't think so.  Olivia wore mink.  Bruno wore Thumper.  [winkb]  But he may have tried to emulate her in another way, cuz I saw some seriously mascara'd lashes.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 05:38:44 PM »
I don't think we ever learn this Bruno's last name.

We don't. Apparently he was in no need of a last name.  [snow_wink]

But he may have tried to emulate her in another way, cuz I saw some seriously mascara'd lashes.

[snow_laugh]