Author Topic: Failure Of Aquaman Pilot Dredges Up The Situation With The 2004 DS Pilot  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Nancy I think you may have misinterpreted my previous posts. There seems to have been some confusion created with the information that DCP had closed its doors and what that event may have meant to the future of the franchise.

Hi Jim.  I apologize if I misinterpreted something.  Regarding the confusion you mentioned above, I guess what confuses me about that confusion is that in the same issue of ShadowGram posted here announcing Dan Curtis death, there was the announcement of new DS drama CD being produced and available at the 40th Anniversary Fest.  The issue also mentioned there could be a series of such CDs being made available.  It doesn't make any sense to me to be mentioning that if indeed Dan Curtis Productions had ceased all business dealings especially since Jim Pierson was announced as being the Exective Producer for DCP in said production.    So I don't understand from whence the confusion comes is what I'm saying.

Based on subsequent posts, we now know that its closing does not effect any future DS projects. These aforementioned informative posts, were generated by the cousins here asking some hard questions.

The information about one future project was made in the very issue of ShadowGram announcing Curtis' death in the recent past.  It's worth noting that even though DCP closed its doors last November, ShadowGram and no other official publication or person has indicated that all projects out there were coming to a grinding halt.  So I'm confused about the speculation since the informative posts you mentioned are based on what public material has been made available to fans.

Did you see any post where a cousin asked for Dan Curtis Productions business model?

LOL, no, no one asked in those words but the posts were asking specific questions about how Dan Curtis Productions intends or doesn't intend to do business.  That is the same, in my view anyway, as asking for its business model.  I apologize if what I said came across as sarcastic. That was not the intent.

Cousins here have a right to ask for a clarification regarding a topic that may be uncertain to them. BTW what "defies logic" to you may not be as apparent to others.

Oh absolutely, Jim!  But I think we all share experiences from living in the world, especially commercial entities, and it didn't make any sense to me that Dan Curtis would not have ever thought about making plans for DCP entities to continue after his death.

Nancy

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Hi Nancy. Thanks for your post. No apology is needed. I too apologize if I came across too strong. Somewhere in this thread, some readers like myself, had expressed some concern on the possible impact DCP's closing its doors might have on future DS projects (despite the fact that Jim Pierson was named as DCP's Executive Producer which on the surface came across as paradoxical). After several additional posts on the subject, there was still some confusion in my mind and several other posters also requested a further explanation. It is true that no official publication stated that pending DS projects were coming to a grinding halt. However, the fact that DCP had closed its doors, lead cousins like myself to speculate, right or wrong, on the future and leadership of the DS franchise. I am thankful that you, MB, Midnite and others have erased the confusion at least in my mind by indicating that the DS franchise is alive and well and is in good hands.  For that we should all be grateful for.

Jim

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
After several additional posts on the subject, there was still some confusion in my mind and several other posters also requested a further explanation. It is true that no official publication stated that pending DS projects were coming to a grinding halt. However, the fact that DCP had closed its doors, lead cousins like myself to speculate, right or wrong, on the future and leadership of the DS franchise.

Yes, this is exactly along the lines that I was thinking.  Thank you for being so much more eloquent than I am, Jimbo.  LOL!  Plus, I thought it might be possible that DC had made arrangements for the cd project before his death and that since it was stated that DCP had closed its doors now that the cd project might be the last DS project.  I'm grateful to find out here that that is not the case.  I also want to explain that since a cd project and a new DS tv series or movie are 2 vastly different things I was also concerned that yes, Jim Pierson could arrange for the cds but if there's no more DCP would he still be able to approve or produce or whatever a possible future new series or movie someday.  So this was the confusion that was going through my (yes, not-always-functional) mind (LOL!).  Thank you MB and Nancy and everyone else for your explanations and straightening things out. :) 

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
sorry at the risk of having people throw things at me i just don't see a new DS making it
that station is geared to the young(teen) and while DS was so different and "fun"
back in the 60s there have been so many vampire/supernatural shows since then i'd like to see
someone pick up the old show again or even the 1991 series jmho

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV