Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0307  (Read 1387 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0307
« on: May 29, 2007, 08:15:47 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0307
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 09:31:25 PM »
When Maggie went to her bedroom after snapping at Sam and Joe, I thought of those French (or is it french?) doors in there, and I thought the boys should have been looking out the window to make sure she wasn't sneaking out.  Are the policemen still standing guard around the Evans cottage?  I'm betting they're not. After all, there's been no activity from the kidnapper to keep them on their toes.

If I were Vicky, or Joe, or Sam, what would I make of Sarah?  That's what I was thinking about today.  The only idea I could come up with that Sarah might be one of a local band of gypsies - friendly, but coming and going as she pleased, and anxious to steer clear of the authorities.

Burke's an idiot.  I've said it before, about half a million times, but now I have a new reason.  Golly gee, the guy spent - what? five years in jail? ten years in jail? for a crime that he didn't commit, and now he's saying that if Barnabas is innocent he needn't worry about his reputation.

And Vicky's a jerk.  J-E-R-K.  Turning away when Burke kissed her hello - in public, in the Blue Whale!  She just had to tell the whole world that she was mad at him before discussing the matter with him privately.  Gosh, maybe Vicky and Burke deserve each other after all.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 07:14:50 AM »
I also thought it was rude of Vickie to not let Burke to give her a peck on the cheek they are engaged after all.  Burke did have some good points, but maybe he should have kept it to himself.  He has money he could have still gotten the info on Barnabas descreetly. But then that wouldn't have been fun.

Vickie has turned a blind eye to any of Barnabas faults. Even with all the faults  or problems would  the facts make her change her mind?

Both Joe and Sam are being  a little to protective. Why don't they go out during the day, not just at night so late. I thought most of Collinsport closed up early,  is the Blue Whale turning into a swinging night spot.  Maybe they should get a black light and a disco ball. ( I KNOW A DISCO BALL WAS IN THE 70'S)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:34:38 AM »
I agree that Sam and Joe are being too protective of Maggie.  I'm glad they decided to give in to Maggie and go out.  I noticed that there was actually a popular song of the time on the jukebox.  My husband thinks it's from the movie, "Un homme et une femme" ("A Man and A Woman) from 1966 - it's the "La la la la la" song - I don't know the name of it. [winkg]

I also thought it was rather rude of Vicki to turn away from Burke's peck on the cheek.  Although Vicki is showing her detective instincts when it concerns Maggie and Sarah, as soon as the suspicion falls on Barnabas, her detective instincts fall by the wayside.  Vicki was so bowled over by Barnabas that she refused to listen to Burke's wise deduction that Maggie was frightened of Barnabas when she resurfaced at the Blue Whale.  I was angry with Vicki at this point. [angryf] I don't blame Burke for his suspicions, especially since they are correct. [thumb]

I think the mustache and beard makes Sam look older. [shkdg] I liked him better before.  [luv]

----- Sally -----
[coolg]  [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 12:06:18 PM »
French Composer Francis Lai, I did catch it when I watched it. I was thinking if they got paid money to play it or if they paid money to play it. Maybe this was before BMI or ASCAP were really inforceing things.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

CT!_CTP/FITBs

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 05:17:15 PM »
I think the mustache and beard makes Sam look older. [shkdg] I liked him better before.  [luv]

You're probably thinking of Sam's/David Ford's future look (in terms of these episodes) because Sam has consistently had a full beard ever since Ford took over the part in Ep #35.  ;)  Sam's full beard won't disappear until Ep #498 (which was featured in the slideshow just over a week ago) - though he will still have the mustache.  :)

(Though, of course, during his brief stint as Andre, Ford doesn't have any sort of (real or fake) facial hair except for long sideburns - but that's still an upcoming storyline at this point, too.  ;))

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:43:06 PM »
You're probably thinking of Sam's/David Ford's future look (in terms of these episodes) because Sam has consistently had a full beard ever since Ford took over the part in Ep #35.  ;)  Sam's full beard won't disappear until Ep #498 (which was featured in the slideshow just over a week ago) - though he will still have the mustache.  :)
Oops!   Sorry about that!   [6184] I guess I was thinking about how it looks in color. [color]  The grey (white?) in his beard makes him look older - and I think the beard is shaped differently.  [winkg]  I remember thinking before when I saw him later on in the aforementioned episode with just the mustache and no beard that I thought it looked weird - and I liked him better with the beard. [cheesyg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 11:00:53 PM »
I guess I was thinking about how it looks in color. [color]  The grey (white?) in his beard makes him look older - and I think the beard is shaped differently.  [winkg]

Yeah, the change to color could have certainly given you a different impression.  ;)  As far as the shape goes, though, it seems pretty consistent throughout except for a short period when Ford first began on the show - but that's because it's a bit shorter. Once it grew out a bit more, Ford kept it pretty much the same way up until 1795/96. (And lest anyone think I'd memorized the look of his beard in every ep, I hadn't  :D - I simply checked through the slideshow captures to be sure about all this before I posted earlier (and that's also how I came across the PT Quentin capture from Ep #1056 that I posted earlier  ;)).)

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »
Want to comment on this episode.

Vicki is getting a tough rap for being rude to Burke....well what do you expect? Barnabas had done a great job manipulating her into believing his side the previous episode....I wasn't the least bit surprised she was going to give Burke the cold shoulder.

I've mentioned this before....I agree Vicki's defense of Barnabas is misguided but Burke really had no hard evidence to implicate Barnabas to what happened to Maggie so it's really no surprise Vicki was going to stand up for Barnabas. Maggie's reaction to Barnabas was indeed a bit suspicious, but again, a reaction is NOT concrete evidence.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 03:34:11 AM »
I'd like to defend Vicky too.  I think her reaction was a very realistic one.  When you're mad at someone, sometimes it's just hard to hide it even in public.  It made her character seem more real to me.

AT LAST...an honest-to-God real song on the jukebox instead of that same generic tune played over and over and over (it does reappear once "A Man and a Woman" is over, though).  I often wonder why with all the truly GREAT music of the 1960's, the Blue Whale jukebox could only spit out this one nondescript piece night after night after night.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 12:54:43 PM »
Anything but instrumentals would have been too distracting, maybe.    "Jumping Jack Flash" while VW and Burke were talking might not have been workable.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor