Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0901  (Read 472 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0901
« on: March 11, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »
Robservations #901

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0901

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
Post 1897 is much better then Post 1795, there's an actual storyline happening.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 03:03:05 PM »
For the first time, a special leading closing credit reads, "Starring Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 06:21:50 PM »
Thanks, DL. 

Marie VO?  Welcome back Roger, who comes across as wearing a longshoreman coat, not anything snooty or upscale.  He catches Barnabas and Stoddard together, and Roger gives B a tongue-lashing.  Somehow for Roger that seems the way to put it.  Barnabas explains it away as a chance meeting.  He says this in such a sense of velvet-covered threat though, as he says everything now, that Roger really should be twice as concerned now.  Possibly the main difference about Barnabas now is that he smiles.

Carolyn and Roger in the foyer later.  I swear they're going back to 1966 in this exchange.  Roger says Paul is no father, and Carolyn says "How would you know?"  As he goes on attacking Paul, she says to Roger: "You are the most wicked man I ever met!"  She's not regressing to her own 1966 attitude about Roger, her hot uncle who could do no wrong, but it does seem she's talking to unreformed, cad Roger. 

Oh, I thought Megan had hit her lengthy stretch of time in the black turtleneneck, but she's now in a maroon one.  This is great too...  Carolyn follows her upstairs to the Room, and we hear loud breathing.  She reaches for the knob... end.

I had no memories whatsoever of Leviathans when I got my VHS in 2002.  It was all brand new to me.  It was all very gripping, until I got it into my head that on DS, they were never, ever going to show us the actual creature.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 08:17:43 PM »
Barnabas is never scarier than when he smiles his terrible smile, IMHO.

Nice to see the tenderness between Carolyn and Paul. Good work by NB and DP.

I don't remember ever paying that much attention to Megan's wardrobe except when she actually wore PANTS. But I guess I wasn't the target market for those tight sweaters, lol.

I actually liked it that we never saw the actual creature. Later on we will get some well-done scary hints about what it's like.