Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0816  (Read 1386 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0816
« on: July 06, 2009, 10:26:18 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0816
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 02:39:21 AM »
The coffin is in the lair now.  How does Barnabas get away?  My fourty year later memory hasn't a clue.  My fourty year younger self would be thinking how could you not remember.    The hand looks different again.  Do they use a different one every time?   Jamison awakens as David and Quentin realizes that David knows him in the future.  This leads to all kinds of Questions and the one person who can answer them, if he will, is captive.   
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Count Petofi caused Jamison to "become" David. David thought Nora was Amy and talked about the phone. He told Quentin that they were both dead.
2. Tim tried to get the hand back from Nora. Quentin told him he would find the hand at the mill. At the mill, Tim met Count Petofi and saw that the hand was reattached.
3. Tim told Count Petofi and Aristede that all he wanted was to get revenge on Rev. Trask and Evan, but Count Petofi refused to help him.
4. Quentin tried to call Barnabas, with no success, so he took Jamison to Count Petofi's lair at the mill.
5. Count Petofi figured out that David knew Quentin in the future.

The coffin is in the lair now.  How does Barnabas get away?  My fourty year later memory hasn't a clue.  My fourty year younger self would be thinking how could you not remember.
Don't worry, alwaysdavid, my forty year later memory doesn't remember, either! I've even watched it more recently and have forgotten! I'm sure my forty year younger self would be screaming that, also!  [ghost_wink]

Yes, indeed, the hand does look different. It looks like a glove! So fake! [lghg]

I love the green light on him as he was putting the spell on Jamison. The same light was on Quentin when he was calling Barnabas. For a moment, Quentin looked like the ghost from 1969. [shkdg]

I know, I know... It's proper English. But I still find it weird to hear Tim say, "I shan't be happy..." instead of, "I won't be happy..." However, it is rather neat, too. It illustrates how differently people spoke in 1897. [ideag]

It was amusing to watch Quentin tell Tim where he could find the hand. I love how he was so mysterious about it. [lghy]

Poor Tim! He lost the hand forever. I wonder what Tim had planned for the hand. What was he going to do to get revenge? I guess we'll never know. [ghost_rolleyes]

It was touching to see Quentin's concern for Jamison. He was really worried about him and confused when Jamison talked like he was David. Great acting, as usual, by David Selby! [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 04:32:45 AM »
I really didn't like Tim in this episode. First he gets all upset with Nora (granted she did give the hand to Jamison, but like she said she had no choice), then he demands to see Jamison even after Quentin tells him the boy is too sick to receive
visitors. At least at Worthington Hall, Tim had been good and gentle with them. Now ever since he's gone on his gonna-get-Trask/Evan Hanley crusade he doesn't care about anything or anybody else.

I swear I was glad when Petofi wiped that smirk off Tim's face once he showed him WHY he could never get the hand back.

Petofi is a real ruthless SOB. He'll do anything to get what he wants by any means necessary.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 12:33:28 AM »
Since when does an ordinary mortal have the power to "summon" a vampire as Quentin attempts to do here?  Or is Quentin just mistaken and misguided about how this whole vampire-contacting business works?  Or does his status as a fellow victim of the supernatural give him some paranormal symbiotic relationship with Barnabas?  I'm confused.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 06:09:13 AM »
Petofi is certainly ruthless, as IluvBarnabas said, and also diabolical and arrogant, but he showed some good taste here.  After stating that Tim's assets were his wealth and Amanda, Petofi determined that Tim had nothing of interest to him. [tngb]

A boom mic shadow stalked most of Quentin's scenes.

Tim told Count Petofi and Aristede that all he wanted was to get revenge on Rev. Trask and Evan, but Count Petofi refused to help him.

For the time being, anyway.  Petofi said something about how times may change.

I wonder what Tim had planned for the hand. What was he going to do to get revenge? I guess we'll never know. [ghost_rolleyes]

Tim's desire to get back the hand seemed to be to satisfy his own greed, and perhaps that's the evil that the hand brought into his life; his greed and thirst for revenge would certainly explain the drastic changes in his personality.

Since when does an ordinary mortal have the power to "summon" a vampire as Quentin attempts to do here?

Good catch.  Maybe Quentin was just so desperate at that point that he'd try anything?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 07:46:30 PM »
I know, I know... It's proper English. But I still find it weird to hear Tim say, "I shan't be happy..." instead of, "I won't be happy..." However, it is rather neat, too. It illustrates how differently people spoke in 1897.
Actually some people still talk that way - myself, for instance.  But then, I've got an ultra-finicky mother.

It was amusing to see Tim looking for the hand when we knew he would not be able to get it back, unless he was able to cut it off of Count Petofi.  If he did that, would the hand still have any power?

What does Petofi want?  I know he wants to go the future and be 70 years ahead of the gypsies - although I don't think it works that way: I daresay that in 1969 the gypsies will still be on the lookout for the hand.  But assuming Petofi ever gets free of the gypsies - what does he want?  He merrily throws away opportunities to make friends and has no objection to making people hate him.  I've thrown away zillions of opportunities to make friends, but even if I had Count Petofi's power, I'd think twice about making people hate me.