Author Topic: Watching Project #2: Promo Videos (that no longer start until you want them to)  (Read 4890 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well  she doesn't sound like herself~~~like at all.  Oh well.....

I honestly think it sounds like her. But I will concede that the situation might be a bit like how some of the voices of the original series' actors sounded a bit different when they did the opening voiceovers for the show.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
That is a very good angle to view it from MB because you are dead on about the original series voiceovers. More than once I haven't recognized a voice. [ghost_wink]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
I'm all a twitter with excitement!  [ghost_grin] Tomorrow is the big day and I'm nervous I won't be able to find out where I go to find where the discussion will take place...Will it be on the current discussion page like this one? Or, will be in a different layer somewhere? What will it's title be? If it is on a different page then this one, can you please specific instructions on how to get there?  ...Although I've been using computers for years, I'm sort of technically challenged. [ghost_wub]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Don't worry. The topic to discuss the first half of the pilot will be on this board, it will be clearly identified, and it will be started tomorrow night.  [ghost_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Watching Project #2: The 2 Minute Trailer
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 01:52:13 PM »
It's hard to imagine that almost anyone could resist being drawn in by this:

[video]
<a href="http://www.dsboards.com/1991/2min_trailer.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dsboards.com/1991/2min_trailer.swf</a>

(To control the play of the video, right-click on it and use the controls.)
[/video]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
GOOD LORD!  I am about to jump up out of my seat now!!! I cannot wait. I think I am gonna watch tonight and tommorrow both.  I am gonna view it once without a pen and paper and then with a pen and paper.  Can you all tell I am excited???  [faint2]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Whew!  I could not remember when the watching project was going to start and I have been out of town for the last few days.  I am glad I have not missed the first week.

BTW, I am now the proud owner of the dvd set.  I sprang for the DS/Dark Angel set at Target while in Memphis.  :)
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I couldn't wait until the 12th; I cheated and already started watching the revival again...[ghost_cool]

Ha! I knew it! I was feeling the same way and wondering if anyone already started watching episodes. Control yourself [PointingFinger] man!
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
My housemate may ask me to spend the evening away from home tonight  [ghost_wink], so I may have to take my dvds and videotapes and head to a friend's house tonight....

And yes I also plan to have pen and paper handy......  [ghost_grin]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Watching Project #2: The 2 Minute Trailer
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 05:40:19 PM »
It's hard to imagine that almost anyone could resist being drawn in by this:

For sure.  That one is the most exciting of all!!  It's hard to believe they only aired it once.

And btw, it was a brilliant move to hide the vids until they're to be watched, MB!  [thumb]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I understand your point, but I don't know if we can really say that NBC wasted money. They definitely got a return

I was just going through some of my '91 series stuff for future postings and I came across some info that I'd forgotten about. I did remembered that Domino's was the major sponsor of the mini-series - but I'd completely forgotten that NBC only put up $750,000 of their money to produce the promos and that Domino's "chipped in" with a "huge, multi-million dollar chunk" of their own. So, NBC definitely got their money's worth out of the promos.  [ghost_wink]