Author Topic: Please Watch 3 Jonathan Frid Chestnuts, Watch if you haven't already.  (Read 1106 times)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA0v6tGPegU Part 1

I have the day off, able to watch somethings not always able too. Here are 3 Jonathan Fred Chestnuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VHl6DtR3v0&mode=related&search= Part 2

<not available> Part 1 Tell Tail Heart.
<not availabe> Part 2 Tell Tail Heart.
<not available> Part i interview
<not available> Part 2 Interview
<not available>  Part 3 Interview

(Edited by mod.)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Lori, thank you so much for sharing this intimate portrait of one of our fave actors. What a treat!
Thank goodness for You Tube as well. Goodness knows where we'd find this kind of thing anywhere else.
Again. Thank you for posting.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
It should be noted that the performance material of Jonathan Frid is going to be removed from YOUTUBE shortly as it is a copyright infringement, posted without permission, and that such material is going to be made available to the public in the near future.  I'm producing it so I know.

It should also be noted that anyone selling this stuff privately will feel the wrath of Frid and myself via our attorney.  It's too bad disrespect has come down to that but that's how it has to go down now.  Simple friendly warnings have not been enough.  Fortunately, I have a lot of contacts and friends in fandom and invariably I hear about this stuff going on.

Nancy

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Simple friendly warnings have not been enough.

Sadly, simple friendly warnings are rarely ever enough nowadays.  :(  People seem to believe that just because they shot a public performance on video or, even worse, they found it on the Internet, they have every right to copy and do with it as they please - even if/when/after the copyright holder requests that they respect the copyright.  [sad3]  Were people always that disrespectful? Perhaps. But somehow it feels like a new phenomenon...

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
It should be noted that the performance material of Jonathan Frid is going to be removed from YOUTUBE shortly as it is a copyright infringement, posted without permission, and that such material is going to be made available to the public in the near future.  I'm producing it so I know.

It should also be noted that anyone selling this stuff privately will feel the wrath of Frid and myself via our attorney.  It's too bad disrespect has come down to that but that's how it has to go down now.  Simple friendly warnings have not been enough.  Fortunately, I have a lot of contacts and friends in fandom and invariably I hear about this stuff going on.

I am sorry to post this if I shouldn't have done. No way would I copy or sell it or try to change or make money from it.  I would certainly like to buy a copy of it if I could. Jonathan is so talented, everyone should know this.  I have never gotten a chance to get to a fest or see him in person.

Lori
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Many claim ignorance and in the first instance I can accept that.  But when some are told more than once about infringement and continue to do it, they obviously want a problem.  There can be no other reason for ignoring the warning.

The counterargument of "But the people who put it up on the internet aren't making a profit" doesn't wash.  They choose to not make money off the material that someone else created but the creator of said material was not consulted in that decision.  They did not choose to give away their work for free.

The Frid interviews and stuff aren't something that JF gets worked up over but his performance material he does.  That said, it is especially troubling when there are plans in the works now to make that material available for sale.

Sadly, simple friendly warnings are rarely ever enough nowadays.  :(  People seem to believe that just because they shot a public performance on video or, even worse, they found it on the Internet, they have every right to copy and do with it as they please - even if/when/after the copyright holder requests that they respect the copyright.  [sad3]  Were people always that disrespectful? Perhaps. But somehow it feels like a new phenomenon...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I am sorry to post this if I shouldn't have done.

You didn't do anything wrong, Lori. All you did was post links to some great video that you'd found on YouTube. You had no way of knowing if the poster had permission to upload it or not.