Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1091  (Read 923 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1091
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:58:11 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1091
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 04:57:59 PM »
David Henesy did the voiceover today.  I believe it was his first.

We got a long look at the picture in the grandfather clock right at the beginning of today's episode.  Was it always that same picture?

Oh, gosh, why did David leave the playroom to find Hallie when Carrie said she was going to tell all?  What in heaven's name made him think Carrie would still be there and still be willing and able to spout information when he came back?  And Hallie being Hallie, I say it would be easier to extract information from Carrie when Hallie's not around to derail the proceedings by going into hysterics.

It occurred to me today that a contributing facilitator to the 1840 Gang of Four's haunting Collinwood at this particular time could have been [spoiler]the presence of Roxanne, who died and became a vampire in 1840.[/spoiler]It doesn't make any sense, but maybe a critical mass of factors was reached - or it was the straw that broke the werewolf's back.

Today was very much a "seems like old times" day.  Maggie was a vampire victim again as she was in 1967, and Kathryn Leigh Scott's character was in bed while Grayson Hall's character tended to her, just as Natalie tended to Josette in 1795.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 07:44:32 PM »
We got a long look at the picture in the grandfather clock right at the beginning of today's episode.  Was it always that same picture?

Nope. But I have no idea if it was accurate for the real phases of the moon at the time the eps were taped.

What would be really bad is if the clock didn't say there was a full moon whenever the werewolves were prowling - but I've never bothered to check...

My favorite parts of this ep are the interactions between Barn and Julia while she's absolutely positive that he's the one who attacked Maggie. The expressions on their faces and their body language is, well, just take a look:

And especially check out Julia's many different facial expressions. Who knew Grayson could come up with so many different ways to show Julia's anger and exasperation with Barn? So many different ways that there are far too many to showcase here (though several of them have or will be uploaded to the game boards).

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 04:25:12 PM »
GH was a master at facial expressions. As I said before it worked for her. As for KLS it didn't not in my opinion. Grayson really is such an amazing actress. Over the top, yes but sometimes she can be so subtle and still, it's beautiful to behold.  Thanks for the cap MB and the thoughts on Grayson.

8/31/70

Very cool looking bite marks and much gorier and much more different than what we have seen previously. They look more the like the bite marks in HODS.

Grayson needs a day off the poor woman is looking wore out. I meant to keep track of how many days she has been on but it's been a lot.

A very famous blooper wit the stage hand giveing a cue to JF and GH with his script in hand.

Julia conveys such love for Barnabas as she leaves and it seemed more and more that the producers were leaning towards letting her express her love for Barnabas. One has to wonder if the show had continued would they have pursued that relationship.  I know that MB has said Dan would have never allowed it but if he handed over the reigns to someone else it could have possibly happend. Alas we will never know....
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/