Author Topic: Angelique's Personal Timeline  (Read 4733 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Angelique's Personal Timeline
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 05:52:25 AM »
CBC?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 06:06:49 AM »
Cassandra Blair Collins, I believe.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 06:08:56 AM »
gracias  :)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 08:48:50 AM »
Ok, let's recap here:

According to everything that's been posted since my last post, this should be the semi-correct (fully correct, unless I omit things which I tend to do sometimes) timeline for Angelique:

If I may, here's a slightly different timeline for Angelique:

1692 -- The young servant Miranda DuVal testifies against Judah Zachery.

1774 -- Angelique Bouchard is born in Martinique.  There is evidence to support that she is a reincarnation of Miranda.
(Angelique and Barnabas did not fall in love, btw.  He clearly fell for Josette, and it's debatable that what Angelique felt was really love.)

1795 -- The former servant to Josette becomes Angelique Bouchard Collins.  She has some powers, but doesn't always have control of them.
(Barnabas did not kill her by shooting her.  She survived the gunshot, only to be strangled to death by him in the coffin room.  Ben buried her body in the woods.)
Now in spirit form, she appears to Ben as a disembodied head and later testifies at Vicki's trial but is able to disappear at will.  For some reason that is never explained, her body disappears from the grave.
She is then banished to hell, but her spirit remains bound to her portrait.

1968 -- She arrives as Cassandra Blair, a graduate student at the University of Rockport, and marries Roger (after he takes off with her portrait, which Vicki brought to Collinwood).  She eventually loses her powers, then regains them after Nicholas' destruction.  She visits Elizabeth as Cassandra in a dream and again in the flesh, then is banished to 1795 (not 1897 as you wrote, at least not yet)-- at the point where her 1795 spirit was returned to hell-- as punishment for mistakes made in 1968.  She is burned by Ben and returned to Hell.  As time passes, her desire to return to Earth increases and she asks for Diabolos' forgiveness, and they strike a deal in which she can return with her powers intact if she can make a mortal man fall in love with her (but without the use of those powers).

1897 -- She is summoned through the fire in a black ritual.  Toward the end of the 1897 storyline, she disappears.

1969 -- She becomes a successful model, meets Sky, and takes his last name.

1840 -- Angelique claims to have wandered the Earth for 40 years, and obviously has no memory of the present, but we know she was in Hell during this time.  It's possible that Diabolos, displeased that she helped destroy the Leviathans, punished her once again by sending her back to 1795, but perhaps this time erased her memory (which would explain her rough treatment of Julia).  This is a cold Angelique (she uses the name Valerie, btw), though she has an amazing change of heart (and her powers improve) at the end of the 1840 storyline.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 03:42:03 PM »
All this theorizing has given me a headache!   [confused5]  LOL! 
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 04:39:38 PM »
While I'm getting ready to go out in bright sunlight (muder on me with the light sensitivity) to see if my car battery is still alive, I'm nursemaiding it, but not too well since it's been almost a day since I was out there---

Notes re Nelson...

Angelique lived in Hell (if you call that living) from 1795-1840, and that's where she comes from every year to visit mausoleum?  I'll accept that.   Here's one problem for me... I'm so used to thinking Ang lived in a straight line from the beginning to the 'present' (because of my big DS tape gap, 1968 and early 1969), that I'm also used to the idea that Ang is immortal from being a witch.   Whatgood are powers if you don't live longer?  Maybe she's not.

Barnabas went back to 1796 from 1968, and Ang followed him, where she was burned, but apparently the Devil can reconstitute an employee after that.    This did not happen in her timeline after 1897, but before it.    One of our fine moderators (flattery to make up for bad memory) said that she went from the Ben burning to 1897 and this makes sense to me.

No doppelganger is required.    BC may have had to reoccupy his old body to travel in time, but the Devil has more options.    Think of it as more of a Star Trek (1990s style) time travel.   While Ang is standing there in the Drawing Room in 1796 talking to 1968 Barnabas, having just come from 1968 herself, her earlier self has arisen from the grave physically and has either gone on her way and will live through 1840, or has gone to Hell, from which she will start to take field trips to the mausoleum every year.

Re Sky Dumbass... maybe she just needed to fall in love with someone, and as far as she knew, meeting SR was chance.    Of course he had Blair connbections, and the whole thing may have been engineered for her benefit, but she didn't know.

Backing up in time to make it as a model and meet her weasel of a dreamboat poses no problem for me.   She could have chosen any point in time, I guess.  She could have backed up to 1952 if she wanted.    It's no problem at all that there was "another" Angelique during 1968.    With all the bouncing around in time, that's bound to happen.

Q and Evan ordered her to 1796?  If you're just suggesting that, why would they?

Was she burned in the 1795just before Leviathans?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 05:21:43 PM »
1774 -- Angelique Bouchard is born in Martinique.  There is evidence to support that she is a reincarnation of Miranda.

I'm confused about the evidence you mention wherein Angelique is the reincarnation of Miranda DuVal. What evidence was that? Inquiring minds want to know -- LOL!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 05:45:57 PM »
Quote from: MagnusTrask
Notes re Nelson...

Did you mean Brandon?

I'm also used to the idea that Ang is immortal from being a witch.   Whatgood are powers if you don't live longer?  Maybe she's not.

It's safe to assume Ang becomes immortal.  [spoiler]When Ben torched her in the tower room ("Burn! Burn! Burn!") and Barnabas had her ashes scattered to the winds, it would have been curtains had she been a traditional witch.  Her immortality makes it even more bizarre that she would try to strike a deal with Barnabas to remain in the past with her (with Vicki's life as her bargaining chip); um, aren't they BOTH immortal?  Anyway, when we see her next in 1897 she is a muy powerful full-fledged bruja.[/spoiler]

Angelique is a work in progress.  Didn't Shakespeare write, "What a piece of work is Ang!"  ;)  ::)

I hope all went well for you this morning.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 06:11:33 PM »
I'm confused about the evidence you mention wherein Angelique is the reincarnation of Miranda DuVal. What evidence was that?

Angelique's memories of her life as Miranda, yet references are made to her birth and childhood:
[spoiler]When Gerard called her Miranda DuVal, Valerie/Angelique recognized the name.  She recalled her life as a young servant, being in Judah's coven, fearing the spell he had over her and later testifying at his trial, his vow to get revenge on the Collinses and her, and his disposition.  And she is afraid he returned to make good on his threat.  However, Nicholas revealed that Angelique was born in 1774, and Natalie once described her childhood in Martinique.[/spoiler]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 07:44:38 PM »
Midnite's timeline is a good one, but if you start to get into the little things, it would have some holes. Hell, any timeline would have some holes with this show :D

What I was trying to accomplish with my obnoxiously long post (:D) was to highlight some of those problems, and to create a STRAIGHT line from one point to the next, which is probably impossible given the fact that the rewrites and the bloopers the writers had in their writing created that inconsistances that we're now talking about.

So, after reading Midnite's timeline, I'm starting to think something like this happened:

1692--Ang is Miranda.

1774--Ang is born as herself.

1795--Ang comes to Collinwood.

1840--Ang returns each year to check on Barnabas, keeping him under her thumb. It's possible that when she realized he was out she somehow learned that he had come from the future, which leads us to...

1968--Ang turns up as CBC. She's sent back to...

1796-Where she is sent for punishment like Mid said. She is killed, which leads to...

1897--Where she is summoned by Quentin and Evan. She then returns to...

1796--Where she is killed again. She manages to convince Diabolis that she needs another crack at finding her mortal man, since she failed with Quentin, which sends her to...

1969-1970--Where she becomes a model and marries Sky.

Does that seem to make sense?

For some reason I'm OBSESSED with creating a straight line here. lol
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 08:12:49 PM »
1840--Ang returns each year to check on Barnabas, keeping him under her thumb.

Slightly OT, but...I'm wondering why Angelique would come back year after year to check on ol' Barny-Boo chained in his coffin.  You would think that she would consider him being chained up like that to be the easy way out for him.  Remember [spoiler]she wouldn't let Ben stake him in the original 1796 because she wanted him to suffer the full affect of the curse (i.e. killing mercilously and then having the guilt of it)[/spoiler]

I would think that she'd return during the day and unchain/release him so that he would have to suffer the anguish of his curse, at least once Joshua was dead anyway as I'm sure he'd just chain his son back up.  Seems to me that as soon as Joshua was dead, she'd free Barnabas from the coffin, can't imagine him being chained up was that satisfying to her.
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2007, 08:35:45 PM »
I guess I did mean Brandon, sorry.

I'm not sure what a straight line means... does it mean not going back and forth in time?    That's not interesting.

One event's missing... Angelique's very real, mortal death in 1840 or 1841.    It's this that makes it impossible to fit 1840 in anywhere except at the end of her story.    We ought to have 1840 version one, and 1840 version two.  Is this what you meant to avoid, Brandon?    It does sort of make one's head melt a la Evan.*    

We need to accept that some time periods are passed through more than once.    If I could be told a way to include her 1840 death without its cancelling out 1897 and 1968, I'd be grateful.    I think, though, that Cassandra had in her past an 1840 where she kept checking at the mausoleum, and kept finding BC safely chained up.     That was 1840 version one.   The Ang who was shot in 1841 (version two) never time-travelled.   1774-1841, RIP.  And might I add, LOL.

We have already seen multiple versions of the same events, in the 1968 return to 1796.    History gets rewritten.

I'm hazy now on the 1796 that we saw between 1897 and Leviathans.   Was Ang killed?  Burned?   Did Ang there know Barnabas was from the future?  If so, could it just have been that witches can know these kinds of things?   Is it necessary to say she followed him there from another time, yet again?   If she followed him that time too, I sure as hell wish they'd just let her be the regular old original 1795 ghost of Angelique.

*Well, mortal or not, she goes to Hell when she dies, anyway!  So I guess Satan can do anything he wants with her at that point, including sending her topside yet again, if he has a hankering to....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2007, 08:44:48 PM »
Buzz... I think the entombing was a far more effective revenge than anything she had thought up for him.   It doesn't sound like an easy way out of anything for me.    It may be the single most horrifying thing to happen to anyone in all of DS.   If she wanted him still, though, that would be a good reason for her to let him out, and that's what I wondered about.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 12:07:41 AM »
I'm hazy now on the 1796 that we saw between 1897 and Leviathans.   Was Ang killed?  Burned?

She wasn't, so that stopoff in 1796 following 1897 would be an extra trip that wasn't in the story.

I agree with Magnus about 1840 most likely being her final chapter (though I'd like to think she would be able to rise again, her powers restored, after Judah's death-- just as she regained the powers Nicholas had stripped from her once he had been destroyed, but I digress).

Here's a timeline of Angelique's deaths and near-deaths, lol:

1795-- Barnabas poisons her drink but the plan fails.  He shoots her, but he didn't do the "job well enough."  He strangles her until she is dead.

1968-- She is aged via Sam's changes to her portrait.  Trask sets fire to her, but it's temporary.  His rite of exorcism, however, is successful (though Nicholas brings her back).  Nicholas causes her hand to wither.  She's nearly strangled by Adam.  Nicky strips her of her powers, and she is again aged via the portrait.  Julia intends to kill her, but Angelique soon dies as an old hag in the Old House.  After she's vampirized, Joe threatens her with a letter opener.

1796-- She goes up in flames in the tower room.

1897-- Her doppelganger goes up in flames.
Aristede tries to torch her.

1969-- She merely disappears when Barnabas crosses into PT (meaning she is never again seen in the present).

1840-- Gerard/Judah removes her powers.  She is arrested as a witch (though later released).  We see her die as a human in Barnabas' arms.

Hmm, that's all I can think of.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 12:23:42 AM »
That was just a list, not chronological in her timeline, right?    You don't place 1840 after 1969?

Was it still 1969 when Ang is last seen in the 'present'... I think it becomes 1970 during Leviathans.   ?