Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0448  (Read 623 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0448
« on: May 02, 2013, 02:54:26 AM »
Robservations #448

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0448

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 04:48:22 AM »
We are getting what appear to be new shots of Collinwood for location stills - refreshing.

At this point - Joshua needs to come up with reasonable explanations re: queries about the tower room.

It's Millicent's wedding day and Joshua is being his usual grouchy self, handing out disparaging pearls of wisdom - comic relief.

Now a married man, Nathan announces his 'retirement' from the navy - upsetting Millicent - not surprising Joshua. Enter David, spilling the beans about Millicent transferring her money over to him. Nathan flees, Millicent cries. Nathan returns and David plants an evil seed in Nathan's scandalous mind; Forbes is going to try and drive her mad and wastes nary a second getting down to business.

Nothing too exciting here for me. Compliments to Henesy, Edmonds and Barrett (not necessarily in that order).

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 03:30:50 PM »
Millicent's wedding gown, in oyster-colored satin, and veil are really lovely.

The gown that Naomi wears for the wedding is the same one that Elizabeth will wear to Barnabas's costume party a long time from now. Now that the episodes are in color, we can see that it is a beautiful pale pink satin gown with cream underskirt and lace-trimmed sleeves.

While Millicent and Nathan and the family drink Champagne after the wedding, upstairs, sunlight streams into the Tower Room. The coffin rests on a plinth, its occupant deep in his undead slumber.

Nathan has spent most of his wedding day getting drunk when Naomi finds him in the drawing room. Aren't you interested in the Tower Room? he asks tauntingly. She threatens him with dire consequences if he does anything to harm Millicent. But instead of deterring him, she has made a bad enemy.

After Nathan storms out of the house on hearing what Millicent has done with her money, Daniel finds her in her room crying, but she sends him away without explaining why. He meets Nathan in the drawing room and asks, Did you make my sister cry? Nathan denies it. Daniel then confides, I’m worried about Millicent. Please don’t be angry about the money--she's managing it for me till I come of age. Utterly unaware of Nathan's relief at this news, Daniel continues worriedly, If something happens to Millicent, if she weren't in her right mind, I'll be all alone. He wonders idly who would take care of the money in that case: Joshua, or maybe even Nathan. Nathan assures him that he has no interest in the money but immediately puts Plan B into effect.

Millicent asks Nathan where he's been all day. I went into town to get your wedding gift, he claims, and I couldn't find it in my quarters. (We never learn what it was, but we can assume it is imaginary in any case.)

And so the gaslighting of poor Millicent begins….

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 06:50:28 PM »
Josh blows up at Forbes about the tower room, and Forbes has a good line about his curiosity no longer being aroused, but instead satisfied.    Why would Joshua get so agitated about the tower room, if he hadn't put Barnabas there?   He was clearer than he intended to be.

Nathan could easily include the tower room in his gaslighting od Millicent.  What, Millicent, you say you can see it from our room, and from ten other rooms in the house, including the basement?   With you so crazy, who'll take care of all the money?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 03:43:36 AM »
It's interesting that Millicent has not revealed her turning over the money to Her brother. Somewhere in her adled mind she may has a glimmer that Nathan might not be pleased. No onscreen wedding, but toasts in the drawing room and then Daniel blabs The door reopened when Natan slams and storms out. Daniel is quite the worrier, but then with his family it makes sense. Natan plans to do her in and pretends he is happyntheynare broke. Now Millicent she's lights in the tower.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times