Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0622  (Read 1654 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0622
« on: September 02, 2008, 06:57:59 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0622
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 07:29:06 PM »
I'm surprised it never occured to Nicholas that Angelique would find another hiding place once he learned what she was doing to Barnabas. Then again, he probably still had Maggie on his mind, distracting him. [ghost_wub]

Boy Angelique must have been really disappointed to learn Barnabas was now too far away for him to go to her and she doesn't know where the heck the hospital he was sent to is. If she knew exactly where Windcliff was, I can't help but think she would have appeared there in Barnabas' room on the double. [ghost_blink]

This is the first scene we've had between Angelique and Eve. These two women do have something in common....they both want men who want nothing to do with them but they just won't accept it. They'll both do anything, hurt anybody to get what they want. I am really surprised that Angelique didn't ask Eve to help her get Barnabas if she helped Eve get Jeff.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:54:35 PM »
That's a very nice medallion that Nicholas has.  It looks like a Y2K key fob that I was fond of until the loop for the keychain broke.  Why couldn't they have given Julia a nice medallion like that?

I can't get excited by the alliance between Angelique and Eve.  I was thinking the other day that the problem with 1968 is not with unlikable storylines but rather with unlikable villains.  Nicholas, Angelique, Adam, Eve.  The only one of those four for whom I have any use is Nicholas.  It is interesting to see Nicholas's plans come apart due to his use of intractable people when the whole point of his plans is to have intractable people.  But it isn't necessarily enjoyable.

It was very pleasant to see Angelique's summons to Barnabas go awry.  I'm surprised that it did, however, given that Windcliff was described as being a few miles from Collinsport today.  I know that there are bars on the windows of Windcliff - but the victim of a vampire will go to any lengths to respond to his vampire's call.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 11:03:03 AM »
It is interesting to see Nicholas's plans come apart due to his use of intractable people when the whole point of his plans is to have intractable people.

Good one.  He ought to be congratulating them and giving gold stars out for every act of treachery.   

I'm Googling "fob" as we speak.  There's a wacky sentence for you: 'I'm Googling "fob" as we speak.'!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 06:07:08 AM »
Angelique was smart to move to a different coffin and take the magic mirror. She would have been a goner for sure if she had stayed where she was. It was an exciting moment when Nicholas found Angelique's coffin empty! [ghost_shocked]

I was pleased, also, when Angelique was unable to summon Barnabas. [ghost_smiley] I would think that Angelique would have been more angry when that happened. [ghost_angry] However, she happily got diverted by a plan to send Eve back to 1795. That was quite surprising to me - I would think that with her history, Angelique would have been "bummed out" all night! [ghost_wink]

I always enjoy time travel stories, and this one is no exception. It was exciting to watch Eve be transfixed by the medallion, and then disappear! [shkdg]

Nicholas sure was pissed! [ghost_mad] It was fun to watch him drumming his fingers in disgust!  [ghost_grin] But he was also sloppy. He believed what Eve told him too easily and was diverted away.   [ghost_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 02:32:24 AM »
It was so interesting to see the stage lights in the picture. I do like when I see that Angelique has taken the mirror.

Nicholas must have lost his powers more, he walked out the door he didn't just disappear. I still ask how does Angelique have powers. Could she be gaining back some of her powers when Nicholas is losing his?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 02:30:54 AM »
I loved the Angelique and Eve interaction. It was such a soap moment. Two powerful Divas using each other. Awesome!!
For me it was nice change of pace, I have really gotten bored with the Barnabas storyline.

Anyway, I so wanted Nicholas to stake Angelique...sigh [devil2]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 12:43:18 AM »
I loved the Angelique and Eve interaction. It was such a soap moment. Two powerful Divas using each other. Awesome!!
For me it was nice change of pace, I have really gotten bored with the Barnabas storyline.

I'm sorry you got bored with it...I just love the Angelique/Barnabas interactions during this period. I thought it was a nice change to see her the vampire and him the victim.

Do agree about the scene between Angelique and Eve. They had one thing in common...pursuing men who want nothing to do with them.

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 02:17:32 AM »
I do like the reversal of roles, but one thing I never could into is how everyone acts after being bitten. It's scene after scene about the dogs, the light, and nightfall. It's almost as you can predict what each character will say after being bitten.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 05:01:06 AM »
I do like the reversal of roles, but one thing I never could into is how everyone acts after being bitten. It's scene after scene about the dogs, the light, and nightfall. It's almost as you can predict what each character will say after being bitten.

And there's such an inconsistency.  Some get so exhausted they can barely stand.  Then, there are others, like Carolyn and Jeff, who are just brimming over with vim and vigor after they're bitten.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 09:47:18 AM »
Julia should apply for a government grant to study why people respond differently to vampire bites.