Author Topic: 1991 Series Questions  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: 1991 Series Questions
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 10:31:46 PM »
Would someone please call Wyndcliff and book this man a room?  Quickly!!
 ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2004, 11:50:29 PM »
Thankfully, all the palm trees were removed digitally for the pilot and would have been throughout the series...

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2004, 04:47:22 PM »
   Poor Gerard, I live in Maine and enjoy the beauty of the Hawaiian Spruce Tree with pinecones in the shape of pineapples or the Coconut Maple where coconut syrup is harvested.
   Any locale used for coastal Maine should show pine trees in every outdoor shot.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2004, 01:04:10 AM »
Thirteen hours over a ten week period.

Okay, was the first ep a 2 hour ordeal?

Also, has anyone ever seen any of the scripts? Next, were there add'l scripts written for the '91 (by then '92) series?

How did it end?

Thanks,

Patti

What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2004, 03:16:41 AM »
Okay, was the first ep a 2 hour ordeal?

2 hours - yes. An ordeal - not at all! (Well, unless maybe someone was one of the original fans who might have thought the pilot was awful in comparison to the original series. However, I was not one of those fans.  ;))

Also, has anyone ever seen any of the scripts?

Yes. Is there something specific that you're wondering?

Next, were there add'l scripts written for the '91 (by then '92) series?

Umm, if you mean were scripts written for the second season, no. There were projected ideas for another season (it would have bypassed the whole Adam/Cassandra/Nicholas/Eve period and moved to the introduction of a Chris Jennings type character (played by Michael T. Weiss, who'd played Joe Haskell in the present and Peter Bradford in 1790) / Quentin (played by Adrian Paul, who'd played Jeremiah in 1790)) However, at one point the writers had planned to spend ten episodes in 1790 (they actually spent six) and script treatments for the scripts that were never written do exist. For example, one of the unwritten scripts would have featured Bathia Mapes (who would have been played by Ely Pouget, who'd played Maggie Evans).

How did it end?

With Vicki's return from the past.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2004, 03:49:08 PM »
There's an announcement in the latest Shadowgram email stating that MPI is about to let the 1991 series videotapes go out of print.

It mentions that the first volume in the series includes 15 minutes of footage not aired on the original NBC b'cast.  I have no idea whether Sci Fi aired the "restored" version during their b'cast of the series a few years back.

The tapes are available "for a limited time only" at $9.98, so get thee to MPI's website if thou so desirest...

feeling Elizabethan,

G.

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2004, 10:09:23 AM »
Do you think they are going to release it on DVD, or just let it go out of print? I sure hope they release it on DVD. I suppose I will have to buy it on video just incase they never release it on DVD. I just hate paying for videos though, theyr'e such a perishable medium.

Misa