Author Topic: Writers Guild Strike Averted as WGA, AMPTP Reach Tentative Deal  (Read 575 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Writers Guild Strike Averted as WGA, AMPTP Reach Tentative Deal
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 04:09:08 AM »
Man, I remember what I think was the last one, it was when we were already down in GA.

(Since I usually NEVER watch a 'first run' TV show, when everyone was watching the 3-4th, I was on 1st or 2nd....)

Patti

What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Writers Guild Strike Averted as WGA, AMPTP Reach Tentative Deal
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 04:13:45 AM »
Okay, I was going to put this on the other topic of TV v. streaming...

What I wonder, who thinks that the pay extra cable stations (HBO, Cinemax, Epix, Showtime) will be around in 5-10 years?

I loved "True Detective", but, each of the 2 times they gave us a 'freeby' weekend, is when I saw the first eps; then I waited and ordered the whole series on DVD.

My Netflix has been abhorrent in last few days; but, if you have time on your hands, just go on to 'Fazebook', and put in search perimeters GA & Windstream....

Patti

PS...when you think of it, it was about 15-18 years ago that EVERYONE (allegedly) had to start dialing the area code, because, there weren't enough telephone numbers, due to multi-lines, faxes, and especially cell phones. Aren't the airways and limits of old-fashion lines (which are around in many, many areas of the country) going to make it hard using streaming?

It'll be interesting to watch...and, we'll hate it.
What a Woman!