Author Topic: Up to episode 91  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Up to episode 91
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 12:46:13 AM »
WOW...I had no idea that Wallace suied.  I learn something new about DS everyday.  I am currently into early Barnabas.  I am really enjoying it.  These shows are written well.  I still have two more disc on Volume 1.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 02:54:35 AM »
Hi TC!   Well, I was starting to picture the noble band of writers united against DC.   But no.   I guess the place must always have been full of friction, with people at each other's throats, so to speak.   Did that help or hurt their writing, I wonder?   Some work better with friction (like the Beatles), some are worse.   The tension may have helped with the tension in the scripts.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 03:13:38 AM »
I don't know if one can say there was always friction between the writers themselves. For example Hall may have disliked Marmorstein's work, but they never worked on DS together. Hall's main exposure to Marmorstein was helping his wife Grayson learn her lines from scripts written before Hall even joined the DS writing staff. And with Sproat, while he worked on DS with Wallace, Wallace, as head writer, would have been his boss - and we all know that we don't always see eye to eye with our bosses. And Sproat continued to write for DS long after Wallace was gone, so that adds another dimension to the mix.

One thing I do know, though, is that Hall and Gordon Russell were extremely tight, and their partnership continued on for years after DS...

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 04:38:19 AM »
Thanks for all the backstage info, I wasn't aware of any of it. Gothick is right, the behind the scenes politics are just as intriguing as the show.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 10:12:06 AM »
Yes, MB, thanks for that!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline katrinavantassel

• Junior Poster
  • Home sweet home
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 06:40:57 PM »
I'm currently watching the beginning episodes, courtesy of Netflix. I just watched the gift of the pen episode so look forward to its popping up in the future. Have to say, however, that the story line of Bill Malloy is starting to glaze my eyes over. It seems to go at a snails pace! There was an interview with someone on one of the discs discussing this sort of thing. No one knew how much time should be given as the average person watched a soap twice a week and didn't want to tune in and not know what was happening.  Hence the slowness.

I am enjoying first meeting all the characters though. I am really enjoying Burke Devlin.